Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 10/9
Performance
Silver/Blk
No FSD

I just talked to my SA about the details of my lease and got a small bombshell dropped on me. So, my friend ordered and received his Tesla (same exact config as mine, above) in September of this year. His total due at delivery was $3500 and his payments are $739.41/month (10k miles/year, 36 months). Total cost of lease will end up being $29,774.35.

When I went in to place my order I told my SA I wanted to do the same, so I paid my $2500 deposit that day and was told I would pay the $1k balance when I took delivery. Well, now they are telling me I owe $3427, not $1000. What I think happened is that my SA took my $3500 as a "cash down payment" only and so now they are adding the taxes and fees on top of that to make my total due at delivery $5927 (minus the $2500 I already paid).

They told me that between Q3 and Q4 the taxes went up and the residual value went down, which is why my lease will be costing over $2k more than my friends who leased his just a few weeks before I ordered mine. Does that make sense?

At this point they are trying to get me to take a Stealth model instead (same config but with 19" wheels), at almost the same price my friend leased his full performance model. Total cost of lease would be $28,755.12 - about $1k less). I waited 8 weeks for them to tell me this and I want to go strangle someone right now...

you lease people are crazy to me! Giving them 30k and then they get a car worth $40-45k at that point. They make so much and your money goes to waste.

The manager at my dealership told me they see VIN's well in advance but they don't give them out until "the last minute" because if something happens, such as a vehicle becomes available sooner, the VIN could change. But take that with a huge grain of salt - I don't believe anything these guys tell me anymore.

The only reason why there is little faith in what the SA's and managers say is that they are all so inconsistent. If there was at least some correleation between the delivery centers in regards to VIN's, delivery dates and the like, it'll be all much believable. At this point though, its all hearsay. Won't believe what SA's have to say, i just sit here patiently until my vin's assigned.

IMG-8350.jpg

o_O
Lol love it!!!!