Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they're prioritizing people out of state (CA), because it doesn't take as long to get us cars from the factory. And per the California thread, they did the same thing last year, making CA people wait longer than people from other areas. I wouldn't worry if you've been assured you'd get it this month. The waiting is painful though.
Thank. I'll just be sad if i dont get that tax credit. It just seems unlikely for them to send me a car in 2-3 weeks when some of you have been waiting 10! I hope you're right, i bet this may become a painful waiting process

Not only am I jealous of all your deliveries, but now of the insanely cheap insurance rates in USA.

Ontario Canada and cheapest I could get it was $1700/year...so $140/month..and I have been driving/insured for 25+ years, no accidents and no tickets in last 6 years at least!

For those in Atlanta, you should try calling your delivery center/location to see if your car is being rerouted. Mine was originally scheduled to be picked up from Alpharetta-Roswell, but now rerouted to Decatur with a pickup tentatively scheduled for 12/16 vs 12/19 like it was originally. They said it might even possibly arrive on the 14th or 15th.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
I don't think that's true. I got a insured by american family for $89/month full coverage for my 2020 performance model 3 and i just turned 26. They quoted me this rate when i was 25 several months ago. Keep shopping around - there are better rates to be had!
But in the US once you turn 25 insurance rates go down tremendously, I’m hoping by then I’ll be at the same per month that you’re at

T
For those in Atlanta, you should try calling your delivery center/location to see if your car is being rerouted. Mine was originally scheduled to be picked up from Alpharetta-Roswell, but now rerouted to Decatur with a pickup tentatively scheduled for 12/16 vs 12/19 like it was originally. They said it might even possibly arrive on the 14th or 15th.

Thanks. I’m still vinless on a 10/31 order. My DC center is Atlanta. Will call them to check on the VIN and any possible change to the Delivery Center location.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Tesla just called. My car came in. I could pick it up tomorrow, but my insurance info start date was set to my original delivery date of Tuesday. Scrambling to get ahold of my agent to see if he can send me an updated insurance info. #panic :)

Done! Ready! Excited

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomx17
Ordered back in September - got the call last week to confirm collection on the 12th.

Screenshot 2019-12-07 18.31.43.png
Screenshot 2019-12-07 18.33.47.png

Reactions: Snake and Duke9th
Ordered on 11/23. Radio silence since. Tried reaching a few SA’s and one just told me it looks like I won’t be getting it before end of year because Tesla won’t be making them anymore because the demand is too high and they will be delivering the non performance before end of year to those customers. Does that make any sense? I’m confused and frustrated.

Ordered on 11/23. Radio silence since. Tried reaching a few SA’s and one just told me it looks like I won’t be getting it before end of year because Tesla won’t be making them anymore because the demand is too high and they will be delivering the non performance before end of year to those customers. Does that make any sense? I’m confused and frustrated.
I doubt that’s true. I think you’ll get your car if your in the US. There's people who ordered early December and got a VIN so

How do you go about contacting a different SA? Mine doesn’t answer or return calls and I would like to speak to someone.

. Like I said on your other posting, your SA dosent know what they are talking about. Take the advice I gave you before and read this thread. Plenty of people are receiving and having delivery dates set in December for performance models.

Reactions: endymion