Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
. Like I said on your other posting, your SA dosent know what they are talking about. Take the advice I gave you before and read this thread. Plenty of people are receiving and having delivery dates set in December for performance models.

I don’t know, i still find it super odd that just as fast as the performance vins started appearing, they just flat out stopped 3-4 days ago, while all the other cars are still spewing out vins

Ordered from FL on 12/5 (white/black, no FSD) so still very early in the process - nearly everyone here ordered much earlier than I did - I'd be much more optimistic if I'd ordered earlier. My order initially showed estimated delivery of 2-3 weeks but now shows 2-4 weeks.

After reading this thread I started to feel like I'm in the back of the line so I made some calls. After speaking with the manager of my local Tesla store, an SA, a Delivery Advisor (who called me after online chat), as well as a rep at my local DC... I've come to accept that I won't get my car in 2019. Everyone I spoke with has been consistent in letting my know that chances of getting my Performance 3 in 2019 are not good. They've all been very helpful, looking stuff up in the system as they spoke to me.

Here is what I've learned from speaking with them.
  • All of them said they wanted to be upfront with me that, just based on what they've seen so far with Performance inventory, my chances are not good of getting my delivery in 2019. I'm getting used to the idea of missing out of the $1,875 Federal Tax credit -- I think I'm still on board for getting the car regardless though it stings.
  • My local DC said deliveries have been primarily SR+ and LR AWD (including Stealth Performance) which were the focus of production in recent months. My local DC had delivered 'very few' Performance in the past few weeks.
  • I didn't ask about any cars that are currently in transit to DC's because obviously none of those will have my name on them :)
  • For what it's worth, there are Stealth Performance cars sitting in Fremont in 'pre-production' status, meaning they'll be shipped out relatively soon - I asked the DA about Stealth/Sleep Performance cars but in the end I turned down an opportunity to get a Stealth that was available because, as my wife puts it, "if you're gonna go for the crazy one, you might as well go full crazy." The DA I spoke with said the customer he was on the phone with prior to me got the last Stealth available, he then looked it up 'just in case' and was surprised to see 'a bunch' more available - inventory is very volatile on the Stealth.
  • Performance Model 3's are currently being built. They didn't know about availability of those build slots in the current production batch but there has been 'very high' demand for Performance and one of them had heard a rumor that additional build slots might be generated but no guarantee. Based on my order date (12/5), even if I got a newly-opened build slot, chances are not good of me getting one before end of year because the car would have to literally go through the full production process and ship to me in FL in about 3 weeks which is doubtful.
  • There is very little visibility into the Performance manufacturing pipeline - things because more clear for the reps once cars are in a 'pre-production' status, meaning they're ready for VINs to match to orders.
Hope that helps people who, like myself, ordered after the Tesla site changed a few days ago from 'orders will be delivered by 12/31' to 'no guarantee orders will be delivered by 12/31." Of course, hope we all get our orders in 2019!

I don’t know, i still find it super odd that just as fast as the performance vins started appearing, they just flat out stopped 3-4 days ago, while all the other cars are still spewing out vins
What are you basing that on? The relatively small number of people that 1) have a Tesla on order, 2) post in this forum, 3) post in this thread. There probably way more people that have orders in that don’t even visit this forum.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Tesla just called. My car came in. I could pick it up tomorrow, but my insurance info start date was set to my original delivery date of Tuesday. Scrambling to get ahold of my agent to see if he can send me an updated insurance info. #panic :)

Done! Ready! Excited
congrats
I am going to be there tomorrow morning for the orientation thing..maybe I will see your car there

did you pay online or are you bringing a check?

Reactions: StephanB
By the way, the 'broken' lending agreement link on the bottom is a user-interface mistake. That link shouldn't be there until you review and agree to the lending agreement. I just had that step added by my SA to prepare for delivery tomorrow.
Now that I've accepted it, that link works.

Ordered p3d+ white/white on 10/19
VIN in source on 11/30
I emailed the SA and she said the car should arrive on 12/24 or 12/26.

Received text from some manager in Nevada today (12/7). The text said the car was in transit and it included a link to schedule delivery. I was emailed a copy of MVPA.

I scheduled for 12/17 and eagerly emailed my SA. She said to disregard the communication since the truck was not due to arrive until 12/24. In addition, since RI will be converting to handling deliveries starting on 12/8, even the MVPA I was emailed should be disregarded since she will need to be give me a new one that includes sales tax.

What a rollercoaster ride.

Ordered p3d+ white/white on 10/19
VIN in source on 11/30
I emailed the SA and she said the car should arrive on 12/24 or 12/26.

Received text from some manager in Nevada today (12/7). The text said the car was in transit and it included a link to schedule delivery. I was emailed a copy of MVPA.

I scheduled for 12/17 and eagerly emailed my SA. She said to disregard the communication since the truck was not due to arrive until 12/24. In addition, since RI will be converting to handling deliveries starting on 12/8, even the MVPA I was emailed should be disregarded since she will need to be give me a new one that includes sales tax.

What a rollercoaster ride.
What city? I ordered before you and no word, for Vegas.

You can freak out all you want but I just glanced at the order spreadsheet and quickly found two on the 4th, one on the 6th and even 1 performance today having gotten VINs.

Ya, let's remember that Tesla is making/delivering more than a thousand Model 3's A DAY. What's in the spreadsheet tells you nothing about what's really happening.
That won't stop me from looking at it either, but just keep it in mind.

Reactions: Haeffelin
Ya, let's remember that Tesla is making/delivering more than a thousand Model 3's A DAY. What's in the spreadsheet tells you nothing about what's really happening.
That won't stop me from looking at it either, but just keep it in mind.
Agreed but on the flip side the claim can’t be made that Tesla isn’t going to deliver any performance models this month.

Im kinda confused, my page says to make final payment prior to delivery. But my SA told me to just get a certified bank check. Should I just disregard it, or call to see what’s up?

ALSO update, I ordered on November 27 and got my vin today! White white performance no FSD NYC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomx17
Any guesses on when we'll get the next major batch of VINs?

I'm guessing they'll start back up on Monday.

If I had to guess yeah I’d say they start late Sunday night early Monday morning and roll thru Wednesday again like last week. This will be the eighth week for me and I’ve been estimated 8-10 since the day I ordered so hopefully this is the week for the rest of the early - mid October orders.