Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am home with the new P3D.
My wife drove the car home but we had to make several stops along the way, I brought my truck home in trail.
We got there about 12:45 pm, 15 minutes early. There were a lot of folks ahead of us so we took a seat and relaxed. I took a little more than an hour past our appointment time to begin the process. The concerns about the financial things I mentioned in post #196 amounted to nothing. I told the friendly Tesla representative about my conversations with the Park Meadows store yesterday. She did not check my story, but she said she knew the people I mentioned and if it was good enough for them, it was good enough for her. We made a number of signatures, verified insurance and Drivers Licenses. We went to the car, did a walk around, linked our phones, at 2:30 pm we were on our way to Broadway.
It took longer than I thought it would but I've spent much more time at conventional dealers in the past - like hours and hours more. I've never been to a legacy dealer that was so busy! Thumbs up for the efforts of everyone.
One more thing: OMG! You can't believe how many Teslas are there, it was difficult to find a place to park and there were a lot of Teslas moving from point to point within the facility.
Today they said they had 87 deliveries scheduled and over 110 for tomorrow.
I'd love to go down and help, there were numerous volunteers, but I don't know enough at this moment.
Anyhow, it was a good day.

8 days into being a part of the Tesla family and I’m loving every minute of it! The wait was worth it and I’m sorry to those who are still waiting but I promise you will be happy once you are behind that wheel! I will never get over the acceleration. The autopilot has been really smooth for me. I love the on board entertainment and computer system. I could go on and on about how much I love the car. My only major complaint is the quality of the paint. Protect the front of your car people! Especially if you live in a state where rocks are all over the highway. I’m excited about the possibility that my car will continue to get better as I drive it with all the updates they send out to these cars! Got my ppf for the whole front, tinted the windows, and all the chrome will be gone after the holidays! hopefully everyone has their cars soon!
32C2E887-39A5-4563-BCD8-69AE9A2A4013.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sslack18 and Type 5
So just did a search and there are now 15 performance model 3’s with my exact build coming up under local inventory. SA says he can’t match me to any of them because of a rule Tesla just came out with this week! What the hell!!!! I’ve been waiting since Oct 5th and 15 people can walk in off the street and wait zero days and get my exact build. Come on!!!!

Reactions: Callawayc7
So just did a search and there are now 15 performance model 3’s with my exact build coming up under local inventory. SA says he can’t match me to any of them because of a rule Tesla just came out with this week! What the hell!!!! I’ve been waiting since Oct 5th and 15 people can walk in off the street and wait zero days and get my exact build. Come on!!!!

I called the Carlsbad DC and they said that the cars listed were pre-production and that it was better to just wait and get matched with a VIN the old fashioned way. Sigh, the wait continues...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! Seriously?! This is my exact config AND location yet I don’t even have a VIN in code??

View attachment 490909

So I placed a reservation this afternoon with the expectation that I wouldn't get it before end of December but I'd continue to check the "Existing Inventory" page. Well as you've noted, there are a ton of Performance cars that just showed up so I put a reservation down for one of them. At the moment, I have two reservations. My afternoon reservation and my existing inventory reservation. I called Tesla this evening to understand what the difference is between my reservations and they said they can see a VIN tied to the Existing Inventory reservation. Could it be a miracle and I'll get delivery before end of December?

Reservation currently says "Pay amount Due at Delivery" where my original reservation says "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

Can someone with a Performance post what the VIN is supposed to look like? I checked my source code and it shows a VIN but when I put it into the decoder position 8 is a C which is saying its a "C = Base A/C Motor, Tier 2 Battery (31-40 kWh)"

That's an old mapping.
For current delivered cars, C indicates Performance. B is LR AWD, A is Ass