Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking here for a while, reading, learning, watching videos. Finally pulled the trigger and just placed the order today. White/Black Performance, No FSD. So excited! The store said 6 to 9 weeks, but expect late March delivery here in NC.

Have you done a test drive? If not, I wouldn’t recommend doing it any time soon unless you want to make this the longest 6-9 weeks of your life. Once you actually drive it you’ll want it IMMEDIATELY!

I apologize for the typo during my last post. I ordered my very first Tesla 12/21/19* (not 18). Still don’t have a VIN. I check the website every day. I test drove a standard range plus a few months ago, and I can't stop thinking about how much better the performance looks and drive.

Hi everyone,
New to the community and just putting down an order for a P3D white/black :) Since the test drive (first time in an EV), which was a real eye-opener, every other seems just well... so old..
Looking forward to the delivery and sharing my thoughts with you guys.
Been lurking here for a while, reading, learning, watching videos. Finally pulled the trigger and just placed the order today. White/Black Performance, No FSD. So excited! The store said 6 to 9 weeks, but expect late March delivery here in NC.

I am with you two! White on black, ordered on the 12th. I did order FSD but am still debating if I should cancel it or not. I love gadgets and technology but wonder how long till I am bored with the minimal FSD features and possibly regret the 7k purchase... Either way, counting the days/hours till March.

I am with you two! White on black, ordered on the 12th. I did order FSD but am still debating if I should cancel it or not. I love gadgets and technology but wonder how long till I am bored with the minimal FSD features and possibly regret the 7k purchase... Either way, counting the days/hours till March.
FSD incorporates so many cool features. Personally I probably wouldn’t use it a lot since I love driving even in traffic. It’s all about preference, hope you get Your car soon!

Absolutely great! Interesting to see that delivery times seem to be somewhat short on your side. Earliest delivery schedules in France are end of May beginning of June. So some additional waiting time there.

Hi Guys - So I ordered my M3 Performance on 1/6 - white/white. Wait time was 4 - 7 weeks at the time I placed the order and I see that the time has gone up to 10 weeks for new orders. As of today still no VIN. I am realistically expecting a let Feb / early March delivery.

In the meantime: My Gen 3 wall connector showed up yesterday and the electrician will be installing it tomorrow on a new 60 Amp circuit. I've also ordered a few tasteful upgrade tidbits from Abstract Ocean and RPM Tesla to add a little "flair" so that my car doesn't look exactly like every other M3 on the road.

Interestingly enough, I also did all of that to force myself to commit to this purchase. My Benz C63 lease is up in April and I know that because of the long wait time - and I'm NOT a patient man - I'll just go get another Benz especially since the dealer has been putting the pressure on with great deals on 2020 models. And of course, the downside is that I may not like the car when it shows up and I will have sunk $1k or so while waiting.

Anyhow, it has been like being a kid again waiting for Christmas. I check my email a 100 times a day, check my Tesla account, and look at my text messages just in case that VIN text, email, or call comes in :) On another note, my delivery coordinator has been very responsive thus far - so far so good!

Mike

Hi Guys - So I ordered my M3 Performance on 1/6 - white/white. Wait time was 4 - 7 weeks at the time I placed the order and I see that the time has gone up to 10 weeks for new orders. As of today still no VIN. I am realistically expecting a let Feb / early March delivery.

In the meantime: My Gen 3 wall connector showed up yesterday and the electrician will be installing it tomorrow on a new 60 Amp circuit. I've also ordered a few tasteful upgrade tidbits from Abstract Ocean and RPM Tesla to add a little "flair" so that my car doesn't look exactly like every other M3 on the road.

Interestingly enough, I also did all of that to force myself to commit to this purchase. My Benz C63 lease is up in April and I know that because of the long wait time - and I'm NOT a patient man - I'll just go get another Benz especially since the dealer has been putting the pressure on with great deals on 2020 models. And of course, the downside is that I may not like the car when it shows up and I will have sunk $1k or so while waiting.

Anyhow, it has been like being a kid again waiting for Christmas. I check my email a 100 times a day, check my Tesla account, and look at my text messages just in case that VIN text, email, or call comes in :) On another note, my delivery coordinator has been very responsive thus far - so far so good!

Mike

Congrats! Have you not test driven the car?

Mike
You will more than likely get it closer to mid-end of the first quarter. That is how Tesla primarily works. When I ordered, it was a 2-3 week wait, which turned into an 8 and a half week wait. It was terrible and I'm not patient either. I feel like I'm still learning to deal with the anxiety from the waiting period lol.

Congrats! Have you not test driven the car?
I have. I took the whole family down and we tested both the M3 and MS. I took the S out first and it was really nice. I took the M3 Performance out next and it was a blast. My 10-year-old girls made themselves at home in the back of the M3 and they picked it over the S. Even my wife liked the M3. As for me, I drive a performance car like it was meant to be driven and I'd but the M3 up against my C63 any day. I made my mind up then. On another note, the M3 has a more spacious interior than the M3 so it was like getting a bigger car without going up to the MS which compares more to an S-Class Benz - which is too big of a car for my driving style.

You will more than likely get it closer to mid-end of the first quarter. That is how Tesla primarily works. When I ordered, it was a 2-3 week wait, which turned into an 8 and a half week wait. It was terrible and I'm not patient either. I feel like I'm still learning to deal with the anxiety from the waiting period lol.
Please don't say that! Every morning the first thing I do now is check the Tesla website to see if my VIN is there. If I have to do that for 8 more weeks I'm going to need therapy. Maybe I should just drink more Scotch! LOL!

Mike

Wareagle, you are cracking me up, you sound a lot like me. I bought my Gen two wall connector and had it installed three months ago. I also have bought several flare items in preparation and to commit myself. I figure if I buy do-dads, it will come! lol. I kind of wish I would have waited and gotten the Gen 3 wall connector but there was no word of it mentioned and the black Gen 2 would sell out within a day, so I nabbed it when I could.

Also getting pressure from the dealership, my lease return is due in March and they want me in a new Infiniti. Not gunna happen!

And now we wait..

You guys sound just like me from my Order day in October to Delivery at the end of December. Hardest part was looking at the wall charger mounted in my garage each morning as I went out to my BMW. It’s worth the wait, though, and I enjoy the M3P more and more each day that I drive it. Only downside is I have no idea what the true mileage range I potentially can get in the car is, because I can’t keep my foot out of the accelerator pedal at every possible opportunity.