Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a LR AWD non P. I received my vin 1-26 last night in source code. i called my SA and said my page looks different and asking for payment and is there something i need to do and she said Looks like you got a vin! and told me that i need to start working on my loan so i got all that done today and waiting on delivery date now. She did act like it might not be this week (she didn't say it though)and that it hasn't left the factor yet.

I called my DC after having received the VIN in source code on 1/26. They said that the car was on the train from the plant in Fremont, CA and will go to the railhead in Birmingham, Alabama. From there it's on to a truck to Alpharetta. He said that its a safe bet that it will be here by NEXT Friday. So that would make it 2 weeks from VIN to delivery - opposite coast. So assuming all goes well - no train derailments, truck accidents, or carjackings on the way here, that would be exactly 4 weeks from order to delivery. Not bad.

Any stats on how soon cars are delivered after vin appearing in source code?
I’ll answer my own question here (for others’ reference): found vin in source code 2 days ago; received delivery scheduling text today (& vin became visible on my account today after delivery appt scheduled); I could’ve picked up the car as soon as 2 days from today but opting to pickup 4 days from today (on weekend & also prefer to execute sales contract on the 1st of the month).

I’ll answer my own question here (for others’ reference): found vin in source code 2 days ago; received delivery scheduling text today (& vin became visible on my account today after delivery appt scheduled); I could’ve picked up the car as soon as 2 days from today but opting to pickup 4 days from today (on weekend & also prefer to execute sales contract on the 1st of the month).
I found my VIN in the page source two days ago. I’m curious on when I will have access to the official VIN so I can complete the Proof of insurance task since it is required to take delivery.

@WarEagleX I am hoping my car is on that train with yours. How do you get a DC? Do you just call the Alpharetta location?
Give them a call at (470)-415-7902 Ext. 4. They were really nice and confirmed all of the info in my account. They even made sure my name matched my paperwork and driver's license so there will be no delays on delivery day. My Owner Advisor is Barry Ross and he sent me a long email when I ordered with all the info. To your point, since you have to come up to Alpharetta that they're probably enjoying the ride together :)

Hi all,

I feel lucky to have found this forum and am excited to have joined!

Ordered my Performance Model 3 (pearl white, black interior, 20" wheels, full self-driving) on 1/18. My account page says delivery will be 8-10 weeks from date of order". I'm only 10 days into this and the wait is already excruciating. I guess I'll just read this thread and chew my nails until a VIN is assigned :-(.

Cheers,

/TCP

I ordered a few days before you in the bay are, I bet you will get yours before me because I ordered red

Hi all,

I feel lucky to have found this forum and am excited to have joined!

Ordered my Performance Model 3 (pearl white, black interior, 20" wheels, full self-driving) on 1/18. My account page says delivery will be 8-10 weeks from date of order". I'm only 10 days into this and the wait is already excruciating. I guess I'll just read this thread and chew my nails until a VIN is assigned :-(.

Cheers,

/TCP

...aaaaaaand it's over. I just got the text to confirm my delivery date. I'm 2/11 at 12:00 noon. That will make 5 weeks from the date of the order. It's been fun waiting with you guys. Soon it will be time to go over to the other forums and become a jaded M3 owner like everyone else LOL! If anyone else is picking up in Alpharetta around that time lunch is on me :)

I ordered a few days before you in the bay area, I bet you will get yours before me because I ordered red

I'm still learning the logic (is there any?) to Tesla production. I had hoped that ordering the free base color (which I happen to like a lot) would accelerate the process but it looks like some people get their cars in a matter of days, and others take 10 weeks...

Also congrats to @WarEagleX on getting your delivery date!

/TCP

Reactions: WarEagleX
Not starting a thread on battery degradation because I'm not worried,
I'm still learning the logic (is there any?) to Tesla production. I had hoped that ordering the free base color (which I happen to like a lot) would accelerate the process but it looks like some people get their cars in a matter of days, and others take 10 weeks...

/TCP

Tesla production works in batches. Example:

1-2 week production of all the same trim and color
Logistics of deliveries = furthest away from Tesla will be first, closest will usually be last.

That's about it so far lol.

Even if they have the car you get it mid to late next month because they need to deliver to east coast first

/TCP

Picked up my car today in SF, so there is at least some production for the US West Coast going on. There was one other person picking up a Model 3 at the same time. I'm told they've been doing a special production run for the "leftover" orders from October + November. She's beautiful, and I'm sure I'll get over the obnoxiously long wait time soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarEagleX