Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m just sitting over here waiting still. I wasn’t really frustrated until I started seeing everyone who ordered well after me getting Vins.

Ordered 1/5
Blue/black interior
Orlando
Kind of sucks doesn't it:mad:
Went through this last quarter and it's not getting any better.
Have no clue who picks who is getting a car and who is not. Has nothing to do with order date sometimes:(

Stupid question, but is there somewhere in the account profile that you need to select to receive the text updates? I haven't received a single text but I have my phone number in my profile … maybe its because I'm missing the "+1" ?

Call them for a one month lease extension

Glad to see I'm not alone in this feeling. Here's my timeline for an order placed in Greater Seattle Area, Washington State:

1/13 - Placed order (At the time, it said delivery in 8-11 weeks)0
2/12 - Did orientation at a local Tesla store
2/13 - Got a text -- Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be ready for delivery 4-6 weeks from today
2/24 - Another text -- Delivery timing update - we now expect your Model 3 to be built in the next 2 weeks
2/27 - Another text -- TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE: Updated delivery center

My lease is expiring tomorrow and I was hoping that I'd get the car sometime soon, but I guess I will have to rent a car until then.

• Helpful
Reactions: CheddarChiz
Still waiting as well. Configured 12/23:(

I've noticed on the order status spreadsheet that there are still quite a few members since December who have not yet received their vehicles. I wonder if they gave up, or they just didn't bother to provide an update.

In your case, the Performance models built in Q4 (i.e., December) were probably already accounted for by the time you placed the order. Now, if you don't get yours from the batch that's being built in Q1 (i.e., March), I would get really worried, and start shopping for an alternative.

So today I went into the source code page and performed my normal "5Y" search. Normally, I only got 1 hit. However, today, I got a second one that includes "5Y" but it is a lot of gibberish. Doesn't look anything like a VIN. Should I be cautiously optimistic that my VIN is coming soon?

So today I went into the source code page and performed my normal "5Y" search. Normally, I only got 1 hit. However, today, I got a second one that includes "5Y" but it is a lot of gibberish. Doesn't look anything like a VIN. Should I be cautiously optimistic that my VIN is coming soon?

TL:DR: If it doesn't look like a VIN, it isn't.

Sometimes the forms in the source code contain nonces (uniquely generated gibberish) to avoid deduplication of web requests and other internal functions. These gibberish can contain 5y. Also sometimes source code contains the bas64 encoded images with a ton of "random" letters and numbers, that can also contain 5y. If you refresh and still see the same values, then it may be other thing.

Same here i am from montreal never received a single text grrrrrr but see my mvpa in my account!!!

eric

Maybe its a Canada thing then. Glad to see you got your VIN and MVPA … still waiting for mine. The Montreal agent still set my appointment though. He says the system is saying my VIN should appear on 03/02 (today). Did they give you a delivery date?

If you search "vin" and find the 5YJ is after that, then that should be your VIN (17 digits long). There are 3-4 instances of "vin" (include the " when you search just to narrow it down) and the actual VIN should come after that. If you're finding "5Y" in another area and nothing for "5YJ", then your VIN isn't there yet.

Ordered Jan 12 -- MVPA showed up today (as well as request for final payment... tit for tat!) and VIN in source code. No communication from Tesla except a "ready for delivery 4-6 weeks from today" last Monday (Feb 24) that had me pretty bummed out. Good thing I've been refreshing my Tesla account page multiple times a day! :)

MSM / black interior with FSD.

So excited! Longest 50 days ever.

Ordered Jan 12 -- MVPA showed up today (as well as request for final payment... tit for tat!) and VIN in source code. No communication from Tesla except a "ready for delivery 4-6 weeks from today" last Monday (Feb 24) that had me pretty bummed out. Good thing I've been refreshing my Tesla account page multiple times a day! :)

MSM / black interior with FSD.

So excited! Longest 50 days ever.

That is great news! You motivate me to keep refreshing in search for my VIN :)

Ordered White on black 1-13 Utah.

Got this beautiful text today at 11:40 am

"Hello, it looks like a VIN has been assigned to your order! <insert vin> here it is so that you can get VIN specific insurance all squared away. We are estimating your Vehicle to be here somewhere between March 3rd and 5th. We are still waiting for the delivery driver to confirm an exact ETA but it should be within that time frame."

Later texted my SA who has been keeping me updated via personal texts. I asked if the text was for real. He confirmed it was, said my Tesla is tracking in the bay area and the driver is probably waiting for more Model 3's to put on before he heads towards Salt Lake. He thinks more towards the 5th than the 3rd.

Can't believe it's finally happening!