Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same spot. My SA sees the same VIN but said it isn’t mine until it displays in my account. Anybody know the average time from source to MVPA? I know others report the MVPA appears before the VIN in some cases.

I received my delivery text at 11:00 AM Eastern. Scheduled delivery for 3/20. It prompted me to submit the final payment, which I did. Manage page is still on insurance but shows my balance as $0. VIN appeared in source on 3/7.

So I did some bit of research on the Tesla estimated times. ETA are 2-3 weeks for West coast and SouthWest states as of today. Everywhere else in the USA is 8-12 weeks. Hopefully this is good sign for us West Coast Folks that ordered beginning of the Q1 to get VINS this week.

I just get a txt notification that my car is in transit and ready to be scheduled for delivery.

Ordered red performance model 3 with black interior. Massachusetts
1/4 - ordered site says delivery in 4 to 7 weeks would get car 2/1 thru 2/15
1/23 - txt notified delivery in 2 - 4 weeks would get car 2/6 thru 2/20
2/6 - txt notified delivery in 4 - 7 weeks would get car 3/5 thru 3/26
2/13 - txt notified delivery in 3 - 6 weeks would get car 3/5 thru 3/26
2/24 - txt notified delivery in 3 - 5 weeks would get car 3/16 thru 3/30
3/2 - txt from Mike at Tesla - performance are starting to roll out, expect a VIN this week.
3/8 - vin shows up in source code
3/9 - txt notification that car is in transit, and that I should select an appointment
earliest I could pick was 3/20 at 10:00 am

White/white model 3 performance ordered 2/12/20 in Florida
2/12 initial order time 5-7 weeks
2/24 txt 4-6 weeks
No VIN in source yet. Was hoping to see it by now :(
SA basically says nothing they can do until VIN appears

Hopefully you get VIN this week. So you have some type of security that it will be deliver before Q1. I would hate for you or anyone to have to wait for Q2.

Edit: Also when your is built, hopefully mine is built too. We have the same config.

Reactions: waflocka
I already have my car..I got it in december
but im back in here because there isnt a waiting room for track mode v2...and its all ive been able to think about since the first person got 2020.8.1 in their performance. I am dying here unable to do skids and all my friends are melting tires :(

meant to quote this oops
My work computer VPN was giving an East Coast USA location this morning, so I noticed that this estimated delivery timing for Model 3s has slipped to 8-12 weeks for a new order placed today, while at least California is still at 2-3 weeks. So that's consistent with a Q1 delivery for [all?] California ZIPs, then the cutoff gets murky beyond that point.

CnZWfsd.png

zIglVcl.png

this is helpful, thank you!

Noticed the 8-12 weeks today as well. I ordered mine on 4/4 with a 2-4 weeks estimated delivery. My SA told me they were told that all Model 3 orders placed before 4/7 were expected to deliver in Q1 (end of March), and that my 2-4 weeks should likely be good. He also said to expect it to jump to July or later after 4/7 due to the production line for the Model 3 working mostly on Model Y backlog. Grain of salt and whatnot, but what he was saying makes sense and he seemed pretty clued in.

Noticed the 8-12 weeks today as well. I ordered mine on 4/4 with a 2-4 weeks estimated delivery. My SA told me they were told that all Model 3 orders placed before 4/7 were expected to deliver in Q1 (end of March), and that my 2-4 weeks should likely be good. He also said to expect it to jump to July or later after 4/7 due to the production line for the Model 3 working mostly on Model Y backlog. Grain of salt and whatnot, but what he was saying makes sense and he seemed pretty clued in.

3/7?