Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance - Worth It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing to keep in mind is that you will always yearn for the "P" if you don't buy it. Saving the money is one thing, but once you get used to your car's power, you almost always want more....at least for people who like fast cars.

Same with wheels. Always spring for the better wheels. One time I cheaped-out and didn't get the better wheels. Every time I saw my car with the better wheels I was sorry I didn't do it.
I'm a petrol head, love the smell of hot oil, leather and fuel, but I'd never choose a P, and never opt for "performance" wheels any more than I'd pay a cent to have the dealer apply a stripe decal to make my car "look faster". Seems pointless. Even spuds like the Bolt accelerate plenty fast enough, even if they look like toasters. The most fun car I drive is my Triumph, and that has barely 75 HP (on a good day). It leaves me smiling after every trip. I doubt a 1200 HP Veyron would.
Robin

Reactions: slipnslider
More power always makes a vehicle feel better. Not only during stoplight surges, but also for normal driving at speed for passing and lane manuvering.

When I first got my X75 it felt pretty good, but after Tesla uncorked it sure felt lots better. Passing and driving in traffic is more effortless. Part throttle response is even better. 0-60 times went from 6.1 to 4.9 seconds.

If driving casually in Chill mode is your thing, don't sweat the performance model. Many people will never floor their vehicles. They use it for transportation. If you are the kind of guy that likes to punch it from time to time, the performance model will put a smile on your face.

It is not a matter which car is better or worth it. What really matters is which model is better or worth it to you.

Reactions: gavine