Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to, VIN of 72,4XX so it is a new one.

I have been sporadically texting the SA since test driving the vehicle and he (or someone) texted a link to me yesterday to schedule a pickup date. The link took me to a Tesla page and gave me a 3 day window with time slots. I could not select an earlier or later date.

Blackmy21, might be worth a call or text to the SC asking if you have a pickup date option. Have to imagine they are on the same truck. We received VIN’s on the same day and they are being delivered to the same SC. The person texting me has been very slow to respond. For example, not sure who to have the down payment Cashiers check made out to. Probably in the the documents somewhere but I am lazy.
I sent the sa a text last night an was told this "You should get an auto-text to schedule soon if you haven't already by the time I send this, usually they won't let you until about a week before delivery though!" So we will see

As I posted in the other MYP order thread.

Just received a VIN, 75,xxx in Atlanta, GA. I was eligible to VIN match on October 12. MSM, Black interior.

I also received an e-mail prompting full payment prior to delivery.

I was reluctant to pay in full prior to see the Y in person - I called my SA and she said it's more for "touchless delivery".
I asked her if I could just pay with a cashier's check and she said no problem!

Can anyone of the recent 2021 MYP owners take a picture of the sticker next to 12v battery in the front trunk (frunk) under the top plastic, which is held in place by clips, so easy to take it off (this should take 2-3 minutes)

There is expectation or larger battery capacity with faster charging performance. This will help confirm it.

Old stickers look like this (see 74kwh), please share what you see in yours

Attachments

• IMG_4396.jpeg
    IMG_4396.jpeg
    325.1 KB · Views: 91
Took delivery of my MYP this morning! VIN 724XX. It's practically flawless! I'm so relieved... Issues noticed after going over it for 15 mins:
  • Tiny amount of moisture on the bottom of the fog lamps - they had just washed it so I'm thinking high pressure wash maybe...
  • Passenger side rear seat is 1/4" proud of the middle/driver side rear seat
  • Door jams aren't fully painted on the inner front fender side, barely noticeable with the MSM
All the panel gaps are excellent, updated tail lamps, laminated front glass, no USB in glovebox, standard center console.

Sorry for crappy pic, I'll take some glamour shots this weekend!
View attachment 607828
Did you get the auto dimming side mirrors?

Thanks Frank! Interesting. They removed that labeling all together.

Would you be able to check it directly then by going to supercharging station or home charging and charge to 100% (or custom max), while recording kWh gained on vehicle display?

Then, Available Battery Capacity = (Charged% - BeforeCharging%) * KwhCharged (example: (80%-70%)*8kwh=0.1*8kwh=80kwh). This should have about +-1% precision, which should be enough to see whether there was a 5% capacity improvement or not. It does not however rule out that battery capacity is software locked to MY 2020 capacity level.

You guys are lucky, I still don’t have a VIN :-( Let us know how it all turns out an looks!

Same here... Ordered 9/25 MSM PUP, Black, Tow, No FSD and nothing. in the meantime my trade in valuation is about to expire the second time - so have little hope of this actually happening. Might have to try again in a few months or so down the line, if valuations are up to par then.

Same here... Ordered 9/25 MSM PUP, Black, Tow, No FSD and nothing. in the meantime my trade in valuation is about to expire the second time - so have little hope of this actually happening. Might have to try again in a few months or so down the line, if valuations are up to par then.

I’m in the same boat too in terms of valuation. I know this can’t be the case for everyone, but I’ve only driven my trade in 13 miles in between my first and second valuation and they gave me the same exact value back. I have another Tesla to use in the meantime so once again this might not make sense for you; but my point being is if you hardly drive your trade in, they’ll probably keep you close to the same valuation. I say this now and my next valuation (which expires the first week in December) will probably be lower, even though I plan to not drive it at all. Good luck, and let’s hope we hear something soon!

I’m in the same boat too in terms of valuation. I know this can’t be the case for everyone, but I’ve only driven my trade in 13 miles in between my first and second valuation and they gave me the same exact value back. I have another Tesla to use in the meantime so once again this might not make sense for you; but my point being is if you hardly drive your trade in, they’ll probably keep you close to the same valuation. I say this now and my next valuation (which expires the first week in December) will probably be lower, even though I plan to not drive it at all. Good luck, and let’s hope we hear something soon!

yes, the gave me same valuation as well, but dont have any hope for another extension, even though this is not a fault on my end by any means that I dont have a car that i want and ordered for 2 months. Guarantee my valuation or at least a predictable depreciation curve and Tesla can sit on the MY Pup for another 6 months for all I care. Also starting to have second thoughts on the 8k extra (10k-2k for the boost) for the performance vs LR in terms of just being half a second or so faster in real world terms, but my wife wont allow me to switch. already says that the Performance Y is too slow. not enough giddy up on the front end of the power curve.