Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it interesting the silver scrolls on the steering wheel and the USB port in the glovebox with Tesla’s included storage device are not widely reported. The information was based on one instance from a Facebook user. I have not seen one other come forward with the same upgrades. The laminated glass and auto dimming side mirrors have been reported by many.

Reactions: Frank N. Stein
I find it interesting the silver scrolls on the steering wheel and the USB port in the glovebox with Tesla’s included storage device are not widely reported. The information was based on one instance from a Facebook user. I have not seen one other come forward with the same upgrades. The laminated glass and auto dimming side mirrors have been reported by many.
Friend of mine just got his Long Range and he got the metallic scroll wheels but no USB in the glove box. He’s a 72XXX VIN.

I agree! Having a VIN of 724XX and getting only the laminated glass, it seems like they may have rolled out auto dimming mirrors right about 72500 and then updated scroll wheels and USB drive thereafter... Not a huge deal for me, but interesting.

Just got my VIN too.

Ordered 10/23
black on black, no tow
Burlingame, CA
81xxx

Weird thing was there was no text, SA didn't reach out, just an email asking for final payment. Account looked updated after I logged after checking just hours before.

The Electrek article from last week surfacing the new Model Y features (metal scroll wheel on steering wheel, auto dimmimg side mirrors and USB in glovebox) has been updated with the following:

Regarding this article from yesterday about updated Tesla Model Y, I am now able to confirm build timing of the changes for those interested - especially if about to take delivery:

- Auto-dimming mirrors since Nov 8
- USB port in Glovebox since Nov 15

Tesla updates Model Y to match new features introduced in 2021 Model 3 refresh - Electrek

I called to my local Tesla store to inquire about the production date of my incoming MYP and I was told it was November 12. It's possible I missed the cut off by a few days for USB in the glovebox. We'll see next week how I make out.

The Electrek article from last week surfacing the new Model Y features (metal scroll wheel on steering wheel, auto dimmimg side mirrors and USB in glovebox) has been updated with the following:

Regarding this article from yesterday about updated Tesla Model Y, I am now able to confirm build timing of the changes for those interested - especially if about to take delivery:

- Auto-dimming mirrors since Nov 8
- USB port in Glovebox since Nov 15

Tesla updates Model Y to match new features introduced in 2021 Model 3 refresh - Electrek

I called to my local Tesla store to inquire about the production date of my incoming MYP and I was told it was November 12. It's possible I missed the cut off by a few days for USB in the glovebox. We'll see next week how I make out.

Nice reconnaissance work! You'll definitely get the dimming mirrors - I missed them by a day! Oh well, I'll have to get the SUMA mirrors...

Reactions: Clark_Kent
MYP ordered 10/23. I switched to long range mid November and then switched back to performance a week ago. When I had the LR in que I received the text message that said 4-6 weeks. Once I switched it back to Performance my estimated delivery in manage page disappeared. I’m in the Bay Area so hoping I’ll receive it December sometime before end of Q4.