Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perks for early adopters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if Tesla is considering offering perks for early adopters? I've bought four, the first ordered in December 2012.
The first three purchases went very smoothly but they badly botched the last one, 2-3 years ago. That is essentially the only sour experience I've had with Tesla. I still own my first S and a 3P, both with free SuperCharging. I would like to have a Y but am reluctant to get a car without SuperCharging. I've WAY more than paid for all my cars through TSLA investments so I've VERY pro Tesla.

Or, maybe they ARE offering perks and I just haven't heard?

I want more Teslas but need a little enticement; I wonder if Tesla is listening?

Tesla offered a $10k discount to Roadster owners that bought a Model S.

Well, kind of. You had to buy the Signature S, which had all the options and even then was about $5k more than a regular S with all options. So I looked at it as $5k of free options; plus early delivery and a special color.

I can't recall any early-buyer bonuses since then. Still, I bought 4 more after the Roadster and first S, and have loved every one of them. I'm happy with Tesla selling me cars that I enjoy so much.

As an early Performance Model S owner, I can confidently say the only thing Tesla has ever offered me is a big “F-U”

edit to add: the stock has also done very well for me. But when it comes to purchasing vehicles/solar it has all been one awful experience after another.

Well, I have to say that I've had a very poor PowerWall experience also. My very early PW deposit is still sitting in Tesla's coffers; three years after the deposit it became clear that Tesla was not going to deliver, I bought a PW through an installer and had a poor experience there also.

But... back then, when Tesla's future was not assured, you could not expect much generosity from them. The seemingly generous referral programs more than paid for themselves.

Now that Tesla has become astonishingly successful and their future is assured, I hoping for some recognition of those early adopters that contributed to making it so.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Early adopters get early access to features like batterygate and chargegate... panel gaps, wind noise, paint blurs, and many other features not readily available to folks who purchase 2 years later at a lower price and better range

Dang, I feel left out. Six cars since 2009 and I didn't get any of those.

Well, I did have wind noise on the 2012 Model S. But those sneaky Tesla guys sent somebody to my house to patch it up while I was working from home.