Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Permanently Disable Tilt/Intrustion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sc20

Jan 25, 2021
UK
It seems that the Tilt/Intrusion sensors are causing my car alarm to go off at night - apparently there are a lot of spiders, bugs and other things that like to move inside the car in my area.

Disabling Tilt/Intrusion works, but then when you drive and come home again it re-enables itself.

Is there a way to save this setting so it is permanently disabled? Or do I really have to toggle this switch every time I park at home?

Sentry mode is off.

I am almost TOTALLY sure that there is no way to permanently disable it. Doubt any insurance company would be too impressed if there was that option.

Have you considered getting in the habit of spraying a can of raid protect before you get out at home? Or get one of those bug bomb things and set that off?

It’s not possible to disable tilt / intrusion permanently as far as I know. In fact, in my new MY I’ve not found out how to do it temporarily either, don’t have the toggle to do so.

Also, if the spiders are big enough to set the alarm off where you live, you need to burn the house down and move away. At least 20 miles away :oops: :D
FYI it was greyed out for me until I turned off Sentry, then it becomes a toggle you can switch off :)

I'm assuming it is flies or spiders, but I have no idea really - other than nothing externally is triggering it!

Reactions: interbear
I can't see any spiders. The car is perfectly clean and brand new, but if it's not a ghost I don't know what exactly would be triggering it 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps there is a fault with the sensor. Previous Model 3s haven't had this issue, but I don't remember if they always had this sensor

I can't see any spiders. The car is perfectly clean and brand new, but if it's not a ghost I don't know what exactly would be triggering it 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps there is a fault with the sensor. Previous Model 3s haven't had this issue, but I don't remember if they always had this sensor
Sounds like a service appointment is required. It's not normal,

Reactions: sc20
Update: Tesla Mobile Service replaced the rear overhead console unit where the sensors are. This seems to have fixed the issue (no alarm in 5 days so far)

First time using service and pretty impressed. Conveniently arranged on app and done at home, free of charge and was complete in about 15 minutes!

Reactions: init6