Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Permanon Aircraft Supershine on my Tesla – supposedly the latest and greatest in car finishes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
STLBrian,

As a followup, this is my 3.5y/o Model S that was decontaminated, polished and coated this past weekend. It was about 24 hours of total time, with about 12 of those the initial cure time between Gyeon Mohs Q2 and Kamikaze Over Coat. A lot of work! These are pretty durable and hydrophobic coatings. The Over Coat can be applied periodically as needed. Regular washes with Gyeon Bathe+ or CarPro HydroFoam.

IMG_20160701_153507.jpg
IMG_20160701_154953.jpg
IMG_20160701_191825.jpg
IMG_20160701_191904.jpg
IMG_20160701_191811.jpg
IMG_20160701_150006.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Hi, Rick. Thanks for your posting! I ordered some tonight based on your findings -- I just got a red car, too, as my new facelifted MS.

My biggest question with Permanon is the durability of the finish -- while it seems to be the easiest stuff to apply, it seems like it won't provide the same durability as the other nanocoatings people have tried. Please continue to post your findings as to its sheeting action and how easily you can wash your car to restore the shine.

These diluted spray coatings like Permanon, HydrO2 and Wet Coat don't have the durability of other nanotechnology coatings. But, it depends upon your tolerance. If you want performance for a few months, then these are fine. Optimal bonding depends upon the cleanliness of the surface. But, they can't compare to the 18m to 36m longevity of the conventional coatings.

My contact at Jet Shine recommends misting on a 5% solution every 6 months. As the car is washed every week, I'm actually going to mist on a solution once every two or three months. He tells me it will just fill pores that haven't been filled with previous coatings. It's so easy to do and it will do no harm. Maybe adds an extra 15 minutes to a standard wash.

Should I just do this instead of Opticoat? I can't get XPEL as its way too expensive.

It depends upon how much time and effort you want to put into the car. Any quality detailer in your area can correct the paint and put opticoat on your car, and you'll have amazing looks. However, if you don't maintain your car (touchless washing or proper washing techniques), your car will look dull and swirled just as easily with the opticoat as with the Permanon. If you want something you can just spray on your car every couple of months (assuming it is properly maintained), then things like Permanon will make more sense.

My contact at Jet Shine recommends misting on a 5% solution every 6 months. As the car is washed every week, I'm actually going to mist on a solution once every two or three months. He tells me it will just fill pores that haven't been filled with previous coatings. It's so easy to do and it will do no harm. Maybe adds an extra 15 minutes to a standard wash.

Looks like these are not new products (based on jetshineusa Facebook page). Is there a difference between the car and the aircraft formulations? I've been using zaino on my cars (no tesla yet), but I find it gets cloudy esp on older black car. Looking for something EASY and this may just fit the bill.

If anyone wants to contact Carl, PM me and I'll forward you his email address.

Thanks for posting. Perhaps Carl will consider the TM fora instead.

I'm surprised that he was banned for commercial activity when he's clearly in the free sample/giving things away for the potential benefit of the community stage. When he gets to the point of actually selling something/quoting an actual price/deriving penny one of revenue (not to be confused with profit) from his posts would be when I would expect to see the vendor tag attached to his posts.

Hopefully I will still receive a sample as I've already provided him a mailing address. Will share the results if that happens.

• Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
I haven't used any nanoparticle products before, so forgive me if the question has a readily known answer, but here goes:

What would happen if you put this on top of an already waxed car? Cleaned, of course, but a coat of something already there. My suspicion is you won't get the same shine, correct?

Permanon won't stick to the car in that case, it would be a waste, it will fall off with the wax. I've applied Permanon to my car, and it was easy to deep clean the wax off with Simple Green Aircraft and then apply the Permanon. The whole operation was much easier than waxing. The results look and feel awesome. The car actually feels super-slippery to the touch. The dirt just doesn't stick like it used to.

Reactions: davidc18
Permanon won't stick to the car in that case, it would be a waste, it will fall off with the wax. I've applied Permanon to my car, and it was easy to deep clean the wax off with Simple Green Aircraft and then apply the Permanon. The whole operation was much easier than waxing. The results look and feel awesome. The car actually feels super-slippery to the touch. The dirt just doesn't stick like it used to.

That's been my experience as well. I've driven the car for nearly two weeks since the Permanon was applied and the normal dirt accumulation is much much less. The car looks like it was washed a day or two ago.

Put a second coat on the car today -- 5% dilution with distilled water. Washed the car first, dried it, then misted on the Permanon Jet Shine and wiped it off. This stuff is phenomenal. Once the first coat has been applied, follow ups are very easy to do and they make the car look even better, if that's possible. This stuff not only makes the shine incredibly bright but makes the MC red deeper and more lustrous. It's expensive for sure but you don't need much to mist it on.

• Love
Reactions: TaoJones
What are the steps to be performed on a new car

Do all of this in the shade. Wash all car surfaces including wheels with Simple Green Extreme Aircraft using distilled water. This removes wax and any other surface contaminants. Dry car. Optional clay bar of paint surfaces. Dry car again. Mist on 10 percent distilled water solution of Permanon Aircraft Supershine to all surfaces including wheels and wipe dry with microfiber towels (do not let dry on surface). Stand back and admire car with fabulous shine and luster.