Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Permanon Aircraft Supershine on my Tesla – supposedly the latest and greatest in car finishes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is important for folks to make sure and understand the difference between PROTECTION and SHINY. With my Opti-Coat 7 year finish (yes, no re-applying for 7 years) I am protected against things like bird poop, insect acids, etc. - and it is super hydrophobic. When cleaned, it is not as shiny as the cars with Permanon, but one quick application of a detail solution (I use Optimum's detail spray), and the shine is ridiculously beautiful, comparable to the Permanon shine.

So the point is from what I am reading, it is important for folks to understand their choice. Ceramic Coatings give you long lasting protection, are super hydrophobic, work inside and out, and can shine great when clean, and super great with a quick detail juice application. If you first apply PPF, well... now you have the protection against all sorts of bad, chips and small dings in particular.

So it is a matter of what you want... I may try the Permanon for my non-Tesla's as an alternative to claybar/polish/wax every 6 months. However, for my Tesla, very happy I paid for the extra protection and longevity with PPF and 7 year ceramic coating (I think it was 3 coats?)

That said, the Permanon shine is very impressive for such a simple application, definitely interested in trying it out.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
artsi,
Thanks for this.
I first saw your posting more than a year ago, but it took a while to act. I have used tens of products and hundreds of dollars of various cleaners and products on my bikes and cars, but all streak and smear on my tesla glass. I don't know why that is, it seems to be a different kind of surface. Waxes, cleaners, etc all left residue and streaks on my tesla windshield. For the last few months I have been using distilled water which seemed to be better than anything else. A month ago, I applied Permanon, albeit not in the recommended fashion. For the first application, I used clay and Permanon on a relatively clean car, and I got a streak free shine on paint and glass. Here in LA, where rain is infrequent, I have reapplied Permanon twice more simply by spraying it on the car, and wiping it down. It works.

Thanks once again

Permanon shine is the best:

Thanks Artsi,

I just applied to my wife's m3, i have used it on my s and followed the directions that artsi published in this post.

Left side is with Permanon and Right is before and after using Simple Green. The rest of the images are after applying Permanon.

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0053.jpg

Reactions: Ozarn and Ormond
Artsci, after a year and a half since you first posted about Permanon Aircraft Supershine, do you still feel it is the best product? How has it held up?

I tried to find the product using the link you provided but couldn't find it in the aircraft section. Is it the silver line or gold line?

Artsci, after a year and a half since you first posted about Permanon Aircraft Supershine, do you still feel it is the best product? How has it held up?

I tried to find the product using the link you provided but couldn't find it in the aircraft section. Is it the silver line or gold line?[/QUOTE]

“Best” is very subjective, but I’m very pleased with the shine. Every few months I apply a new coat, and it’s so easy to do. I have my car wrapped with clear protective film and the Supershine works especially well on the film. My car is approaching its 5th birthday but most people think it’s brand new.

I tried to find the product using the link you provided but couldn't find it in the aircraft section. Is it the silver line or gold line?

I’m on an airplane as I post this but I’ll provide a link tomorrow.

Contacted Alex at JetShineUSA. Permanon Aircraft Supershine has been renamed to Permanon Silver. They also have a new product called Permanon Gold that is supposed to have 6% more shine. Permanon Gold should not be used on the windshield, rather a product called Permanon Glass should be used, which according to my understanding is basically Permanon Silver with a glass cleaning agent added to it.

JetShineUSA sells a total package that includes a product called JetShine Cleaner in lieu of Extreme Simple Clean. Not sure what the difference is. I emailed Alex to find out.

I have been told that Extreme Simple Green is the same product as Simple Green HD (available at Home Depot) but without the purple dye. Extreme Simple Green is approved for use on Boeing aircrafts, whereas Simple Green HD has no such certification.

It's suggested to clean the car and then clay it before applying the Permanon. What clay and clay lubricant are people here recommending?

As a result of some Patent decision, Riccardo Clay wasn't available in the USA for a long time but us Canadians had access to it.

If you are using a traditional clay bar, it's the best I've ever used.

Riccardo Yellow Detailing Clay - Mild

Heard back from JustShineUSA that their JustShine Cleaner is only available in their pre-packaged kits and consists of Extreme Simple Clean with some dish soap.

For the people that use Extreme Simple Clean to wash their cars, what concentration of Extrene Simple Clean to (distilled) water do you use?

Thanks

Next weekend I’ll be cleaning off all of the coatings now on my Model S with SimpleGreen Extreme Aircraft and Precision Cleaner (safely removes wax and other finishes), using a clay bar on the paint, then applying a 10 percent solution of Permanon Aircraft Supershine (a relatively new German made product that’s used on aircraft). The product was designed for aircraft but can be used safely on cars and many other surfaces.

From the Permanon web site:

“Permanon is a safe and simple-to-apply surface protection that produces a brilliant shine on all solid aircraft surfaces. When applied, nano-engineered particles of Permanon's Silicium 14Si electro-statically bonds and fill microscopic pores and pits that naturally occur in solid materials. These nono-imperfections allow dirt and grime to bond to the surface, Permanon bridges and fills these gaps making it harder for dirt to embed.”

My thanks to Artsci for this post. I have just finished doing this complete Permanon treatment to my 2014 P85D. I was concerned about the Extreme Simplegreen - that it might be damaging to the finish - but it was fine. No issues. And I had never used a clay bar before - but I learned. Applying the Permanon was the easiest (and most rewarding) step. The car just shines. And the color seems deeper and richer than when I started. Good stuff. The only issue I had was rinsing with the distilled water. I ended up just wiping the car with clean microfiber cloths soaked in the water and throwing buckets of the water on the car. Here are three pictures showing my car after the treatment. Not bad for a 4 year old car with 78,000 miles on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181101_102941732.jpg
    IMG_20181101_102941732.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20181101_103019382.jpg
    IMG_20181101_103019382.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20181101_103036851.jpg
    IMG_20181101_103036851.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 92
Hello everyone,
I've been doing its of research and reading about what to apply on my Red Model 3 and that reading brought me to Artsci's work. It seems that Permanon is a winer.
Kudo's to artsci and his research & testing, thank you for sharing it!!!

It seems that Amazon is caring JetShine now as well https://www.amazon.com/Permanon-Sil...ords=permanon&qid=1555860459&s=gateway&sr=8-1

What do you use to apply Permanon?

You mix the Permanon with distilled water in a spray bottle and spray it on to the car.

Contact Jetshine directly. They will give you all the information and help you may need. Also, you will be assured the product is fresh (it has a finite shelf life).

Btw, in addition to the silver product line, there is a gold product line. The gold product line has more “sparkle” but should not be used on the windows. I used the gold product on the exterior finish of the car, and the silver product line on the inside and outside of all the glass (including headlamps).

Thank you, ordered it yesterday from Jetshineusa site, now wait is on :). Hopefully it will be here by the weekend. Cant wait to apply it.

Do you like how Silver product line looks inside?

Also I wonder, what you guys are using for your glass roof on TM3?

Last edited:
Permanon'd my Pacific Blue '12 P85. Washed and rinsed twice with Simple Green Extreme Aircraft. Clay bar'd a small portion with Meguiar's Professional C-2000 Mild and chose Mr. Pink neutral pH soap as the clay lube. (to avoid a third wash)
SGExtreme was mixed 1:16 with distilled water. (2 cups to 2 gallons distilled water)
Permanon was the Silver so that I could use it on everything. (about 7% solution)
Didn't continue with the clay, because it didn't seem enough better to justify the time.

Love the results! Seven years old and going strong...
(Thanks for the tip, Artsi :) )

View media item 120220

Attachments

• PermanonS.jpeg
    PermanonS.jpeg
    580.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc