TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Permission to Operate wait time from PG&E on second solar system

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by mattack4000, Dec 20, 2019.

1. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

The city is doing their inspection today, so I have to wait for permission to operate before I can use it. Since I already have a second solar system in place, does anyone know how long before I would be able to flip the switch? Is it still 5-10 days?

2. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

In theory it should be faster than if you didn't already have solar. I would call the Solar Department on Monday to see if they have everything required in your file to act on it.

3. mattack4000

City inspection. Failed sigh

4. miimura

miimura Well-Known Member

Try again. I'm sure you'll get a good sigh in. ;)

• Funny x 1
  5. mattack4000

Probably a month later

• Like x 1
  6. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Once I had the app in and the checklist verified by PG&E solar, engineering only took 1 day to issue the PTO.

7. mattack4000

Where do i get account info for solar edge?

8. charlesj

charlesj Member

What was the problem causing the failure?

9. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

We're watching our installers and the utility inspector play ping pong - with our application being kicked back with requests for more information on our installation.

It appears that to qualify for the 30% tax credit this year only requires the installation has been completed - so if we get another round or two of ping pong on the approval, we should be able to get a receipt from the installers showing they completed the installation in 2019.

One possibility is that with so many solar applications being reviewed, they are trying to do the reviews using diagrams and photos, avoiding having to send out someone to do a physical inspection - and they're still trying to figure out what documents they need to do the remote visual inspection...

10. mattack4000

No cutoff switch, the guy was installing it when the inspector showed up, too late.

11. mattack4000

Inspection passed, now waiting for PGEs approval and my final bill.

BTW, where do I get the solar edge login?