Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Permission to Operate wait time from PG&E on second solar system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The city is doing their inspection today, so I have to wait for permission to operate before I can use it. Since I already have a second solar system in place, does anyone know how long before I would be able to flip the switch? Is it still 5-10 days?

The city is doing their inspection today, so I have to wait for permission to operate before I can use it. Since I already have a second solar system in place, does anyone know how long before I would be able to flip the switch? Is it still 5-10 days?
In theory it should be faster than if you didn't already have solar. I would call the Solar Department on Monday to see if they have everything required in your file to act on it.

We're watching our installers and the utility inspector play ping pong - with our application being kicked back with requests for more information on our installation.

It appears that to qualify for the 30% tax credit this year only requires the installation has been completed - so if we get another round or two of ping pong on the approval, we should be able to get a receipt from the installers showing they completed the installation in 2019.

One possibility is that with so many solar applications being reviewed, they are trying to do the reviews using diagrams and photos, avoiding having to send out someone to do a physical inspection - and they're still trying to figure out what documents they need to do the remote visual inspection...