Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Permissive Use - Does Tesla Allow It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets say I let my girlfriend drive my car. Will it be covered? My current Geico policy covers permissive use and I was wondering if Tesla does the same.

I was always told that coverage follows the person, not the car, which leads me to another question. Im also curious if I drive somone else's car would my insurance cover any issues.

Thanks

Lets say I let my girlfriend drive my car. Will it be covered? My current Geico policy covers permissive use and I was wondering if Tesla does the same.

I was always told that coverage follows the person, not the car, which leads me to another question. Im also curious if I drive somone else's car would my insurance cover any issues.

Thanks
1) Yes.

2) No.

You’re insuring a car, not a person.

1) Yes.

2) No.

You’re insuring a car, not a person.
I'm guessing you are not in the insurance business. Your second answer (2 NO) is misleading. It depends on the type of coverage a person has when driving another car. Some types of coverage are for the driver and some for the car.

OP: simply call your agent and they will tell you everything you need to know about YOUR specific coverage. Don't listen to me or anyone else on here :) They will likely also know what Tesla does. You will be able to get the same liability coverage from Tesla.

Reactions: ROB_310