Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jacksonville, FL - Gate Parkway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad Wawa sits on the outskirts of the Town Center Mall. That will make it more difficult to cross the street to get to shops and restaurants and still be timely to get back. Besides Wawa, Bono’s BBQ and Black Creek Outfitters (think local version of REI - which is in the mall too) are both on the same side of the street as Wawa and easily accessible, so those are options. Being from this area, I will keep an eye out on the progress.

Maybe I’m just “permit ignorant” but does it say anywhere on there how many stations there will be?

So, my understanding is that there are 2 chargers that share 1 cabinet (i.e., Charger A and B), and I believe that each cabinet is designated in the permit under "Spec 2" and "Amps" and "Over 100." Therefore, the 4 "Receptacles" shown there amounts to 4 lines that are sharing a total of 8 chargers. Others can correct me, but I think that we are talking about 8 chargers.

So, my understanding is that there are 2 chargers that share 1 cabinet (i.e., Charger A and B), and I believe that each cabinet is designated in the permit under "Spec 2" and "Amps" and "Over 100." Therefore, the 4 "Receptacles" shown there amounts to 4 lines that are sharing a total of 8 chargers. Others can correct me, but I think that we are talking about 8 chargers.
If a Supercharger Cabinet is the same as a "Receptacle" on this permit, then there should be 8 Supercharger terminals.

Larry

Reactions: GaryW
Photos of the area that they have now cordoned off at Wawa. It appears that these spaces are covering about half of a parking island on the south side of the Wawa building (on the side closest to Bono’s BBQ.

Attachments

• 961A12E9-EF97-41F2-AE13-8A0866C7CC00.jpeg
    961A12E9-EF97-41F2-AE13-8A0866C7CC00.jpeg
    489.3 KB · Views: 410
  • Informative
I think you are going to see possibly two more around the city and I bet one of them will be somewhere around the orange park area. Do I have any inside info, absolutely not.
Look at Richmond VA. There are three around that smaller city..

Disappointed that for the largest city in America by square miles, only 8 stalls? Seriously?

I road trip frequently to Jacksonville to visit family, this Supercharger can’t come soone enough.

Some progress, nice big electric box. Slowly but surely.
Thanks for the photo. The big electric boxes are the high voltage switchgear that connects between the utility transformer and the Supercharger Cabinets. The Supercharger Cabinets have not yet been installed, but they will be placed over the conduits that are stubbed out to the right of the switchgear.

Larry

If a Supercharger Cabinet is the same as a "Receptacle" on this permit, then there should be 8 Supercharger terminals.

Larry
The last photo posted by wedge07 confirms that there are four Supercharger Cabinets corresponding to 8 Supercharger Terminals for this location.

Larry