TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Permits for HPWC on exterior of commercial building?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DrivingTheFuture, Aug 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrivingTheFuture

Install of our new charger is supposed to happen in the morning. I'm just having second thoughts about my "ask forgiveness instead of permission" approach... We do own the building but it's in historical district. I'm having visions of the county coming and ordering us to take it down after we've already paid electrician 1k to install it... Any advice?

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

I have no idea but I imagine if you call the city for a permit after the fact, the inspector would come out to make sure the work is checked out then you'll have to pay a bigger bill (permit + penalty fees).

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Usually historical district changes *really* need approval. Perhaps put the HPWC in the back? Around corner where it can't be seen from the street? But putting it up before approval in this case sounds like a really bad idea. :D

• Funny x 1