TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Perpendicular and Parallel Parking in X

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by highedu, Apr 17, 2016.

1. highedu

highedu Member

I do all the things I do in the S but the option doesn't show up in the X

Has it not been enabled yet?

2. elguapo

elguapo Member

Supposedly, it takes time to show up as it needs to "calibrate". I am 600 miles in and still never get the "P". Others have reported this issue too. Probably a systemic bug.

3. 7racer

7racer Member

weird, mine works flawlessly in my X as in my S....

if there is anything I can do to help verify let me know, but I drive like I usually do around parking spaces and the "P" shows up. Maybe the size of the car is bigger so it's more selective of the space?

4. highedu

highedu Member

Still hasn't shown for me, autopilot works fine

5. chipmunk

chipmunk Member

Are you making sure to drive under 15 MPH as you pass by possible spots? Also make sure any parallel spot you're trying for has a curb.

6. highedu

highedu Member

#6 highedu, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    Yes, just like the S

Actually - my X has less than 200 miles so perhaps it's still calibrating

7. elguapo

elguapo Member

I drive below 5mph because I think that's what manual says. I am guessing my issue is with the sensors, but I will keep trying and add it to my SC list.

8. vangogh

vangogh Member

My parallel parking works fine...never tried perpendicular though

9. loganintx

loganintx Member

You should also be passing with no more than an 8 foot gap between the side of your car and the bumpers of the parked cars. If you notice in all the videos, the Tesla vehicles have to do a 3 point turn to back in. I know the sensors supposedly see up to about 16 feet in all directions but during the social event at Tesla yesterday the guy speaking used the distance of 8 feet to describe the boundary of which Auto Park would sense an open spot.

10. highedu

highedu Member

it just started showing up for me....looks like it was waiting to fully calibrate (only have 250 miles on it)

• Like x 1