TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Persistent Fan Noise Behind Touchscreen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by EMDoc, Jun 29, 2013.

1. EMDoc

EMDoc Member

Hi all -

So I'm not sure if the fan behind the screen is on all the time because of warm temps the past week, or if there is an issue with version 4.5 of the update. I don't remember it being this loud prior to the update. I don't have my car here at the moment, so I can't tell you which subset of 4.5 I have. Will call service to confirm. Anyone have success in getting the noise to go away? I even tried pulling the fuse, but the noise came right back. And yes, climate control is off and I still hear a buzz behind the screen.

Thanks

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

This is covered by the Firmware 4.5 thread--it will likely get moved there.

My update of 4.5 (1.33.44) introduced the issue.

My update of 4.5 (1.33.54) fixed the issue for me. I verified by rolling the windows down, then walking away and letting the car sit until it powered off. Leaning into the window opening (don't bring your FOB!), you shouldn't hear a sound. If your touchscreen fan is still running, you have a problem.

Different people with different cars seem to get affected differently. Some never experienced the issue. Others get the problem fixed on a given version, whereas it doesn't seem to fix the issue on other cars.

3. EMDoc

EMDoc Member

Thank you Todd. It's in for service now and will ask them to manually update to .54 and hope it works.
    Appreciate the help!