TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Persistent Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jiten87, Jul 28, 2018.

1. jiten87

jiten87 Member

Is there any way to turn off wifi permanently? It kept nagging me to set up a wifi network and I did, but every time I try to turn it off, it turns it back on when the car is started.

The other day I had trouble connecting to my S from my room (kept getting a vehicle technical error) and realized the wifi signal was extremely weak and had to go turn it off to be able to connect from my room. I can't have it keep connecting to my wifi in my driveway where the signal is so weak.

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

No. But you can have it forget the network. Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Settings > Your Network > Forget Network

3. Don85D

Don85D Member

There are WiFi repeaters for this problem. Just install one in the nearest window to your driveway where the car is parked. It worked for me.

4. snd92

snd92 Member

1) Share wifi from your phone at your home (Guess it's GPS based).
    2) Disconnect

5. Tes La Ferrari

Tethering your iPhone is a great way to do software updates if you don’t have wifi in close proximity.