Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Person Hits Model 3 and attempts to Flee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He mentioned was gonna hit me when he backed out. Something along those lines. After he hit me he immediately admitted fault. What we have here folks is some guy just wanting to prove his point. Don't be that guy.

So, is this a correct statement.... the person told you that they wouldnt be able to get by you without hitting you, you didnt move, and then they hit you?

One thing I have learned over my time here, is that for some reason I cant fathom, TMC members LOOOOVVEEEE (love love love) trying to break down videos of accidents, down to frame by frame commentary. Since you posted the video, you should be prepared for more people to attempt to break this video down frame by frame to assign blame.

I am not into that at all, so I have no comment on the video (I havent even watched it) but, in general, where this video of contact between two vehicles here, people tend to really want to dive into it for some reason.
It's all good. I think the insurance company already decided who to blame. Haha

What is with people who don't call their insur
One thing I have learned over my time here, is that for some reason I cant fathom, TMC members LOOOOVVEEEE (love love love) trying to break down videos of accidents, down to frame by frame commentary. Since you posted the video, you should be prepared for more people to attempt to break this video down frame by frame to assign blame.

I am not into that at all, so I have no comment on the video (I havent even watched it) but, in general, where this video of contact between two vehicles here, people tend to really want to dive into it for some reason.

The supply of Russian Road Rage on Youtube is limited.

Plus the posters of these video often have an odd take on the accident.

What is with people who don't call their insur

I don't know OP or what their experience is, but a lot of people have never dealt with an accident or filing an insurance claim before. It can be intimidating and easy enough to just go along with what the other person and their insurance say. The correct thing is to always call your insurance right away and give them your statement. Remember, your insurance works for you and their insurance works for them. Let your insurance company to their job and work with the other insurance company to determine who is at fault and what the outcome will be. Ask your insurance any and all question you have such as will my insurance go up? Should I talk to the other insurance company if they call me? etc.

I enjoyed watching the video to be nosey, but realistically nothing anybody responds with here has an bearing on what the claim adjuster will decide.

He mentioned was gonna hit me when he backed out. Something along those lines. After he hit me he immediately admitted fault. What we have here folks is some guy just wanting to prove his point. He did look sorta drunk as well... Also, not you but I see many comments sorta defending the other driver... Really? 😂
He obviously knew you were there since he came and warned that he might hit you. The truck driver could've easily avoided backing into you.

Did you happen to get any video from the Tesla dash cam?

Reactions: Postacular
So, is this a correct statement.... the person told you that they wouldnt be able to get by you without hitting you, you didnt move, and then they hit you?

Pretty much. It was a solid hit too. Wait... I get what you're saying... . it's kinda like someone saying their gonna shoot you and you don't move and that makes it okay that they shot you. I love you guys so much. 😂

I don't know OP or what their experience is, but a lot of people have never dealt with an accident or filing an insurance claim before. It can be intimidating and easy enough to just go along with what the other person and their insurance say. The correct thing is to always call your insurance right away and give them your statement. Remember, your insurance works for you and their insurance works for them. Let your insurance company to their job and work with the other insurance company to determine who is at fault and what the outcome will be. Ask your insurance any and all question you have such as will my insurance go up? Should I talk to the other insurance company if they call me? etc.

I enjoyed watching the video to be nosey, but realistically nothing anybody responds with here has an bearing on what the claim adjuster will decide.
Thank you sir for the tips. I appreciate it. It's literally been like 5 years since the last guy hit me in a parking lot. No, no, no guys I wasn't sitting and waiting for a parking spot, I was actually driving through in this case. 😊

By your admission he said he couldn't get by and you sat there. However that is a small truck and I'm sure he could have gotten out. The guy asked you if you could move and you refused. So now you have a damaged car and will cost thousands to fix. Mostly not on your dime but your car will require time in the shop. Time you won't have it while still making payments on it because two people were hard headed

By your admission he said he couldn't get by and you sat there. However that is a small truck and I'm sure he could have gotten out. The guy asked you if you could move and you refused. So now you have a damaged car and will cost thousands to fix. Mostly not on your dime but your car will require time in the shop. Time you won't have it while still making payments on it because two people were hard headed
I bought my car outright with some of my Telsa stock good sir. Doesn't matter to me. 🤓 I will also be filing a depreciation claim as well. Oh, almost forgot how does this help me with my insurance question?

It maybe that it is both your faults. Reason I say this is because I had the same thing happen to me. Someone parked behind my truck against the curb. From the side of their car to the back of my truck was 12 feet. I saw them as I was getting into my truck. I asked them if they could move their car. They refused and went into the store. I hit them as I backed up. Two vehicles parked on either side of me while I was out of my truck. I waited 5 minutes for them to come out even had them paged no one came out. Cops said it was both our faults because she was not in a spot and me for backing into her. Insurance companies said same thing . Her insurance had to pay for her vehicle. I know this because my insurance company told me so

• Informative
Reactions: KenC

I resemble that remark! I think it's important to learn lessons if there is one. Accidents are so rare that we have little personal experience, thank goodness, so anything we can learn from the accidents of others is useful. Don't just assume the OP is telling the whole story. We've read some OP's stories and then seen the actual evidence, and sometimes they don't match up.

As for this case, the OP should just contact his insurance. He's not at fault, but he could have easily avoided this fender bender, cause that's always preferable to having one's Tesla in the shop.

Leave it up to the insurance companies to handle it. As long as you have his insurance info, have submitted this video to your insurance provider, etc. they will take care of it. Any accident I have been in I do not talk directly to the other party.

I think some of the folks here are being harsh, but I do agree when I started watching the video my only thought was "what on earth is the blue car doing". Normally when waiting for a parking spot I wait in an area that does not affect the person's ability to back out and turn to the exit. You were kind of right in the line of fire. Again, doesn't take away from the fact this was 100% his fault, but it seems like you did make it harder for them to back out, and it looks like he pointed it out before getting in the truck.

But either way, just leave it up to the insurances to handle it. Luckily you got this video from the restaurant! Make sure you get that USB issue situated so in the future you can just honk and get all the angles.

Reactions: jsmay311
let-me-get-gfusac.jpg

😂 I don't think anyone is excusing the other driver, just that you could've made things easier. By any chance are you friends with the guy who posted about making pedestrians move out of a "prime" parking spot in an empty lot? Thanks for the entertainment.

@Postacular for what it's worth, I disagree with everyone else here who's calling you an idiot for not moving. The parking lots in this video/Texas are massive - the lots where I am have half the free room of the lot in your video and drivers are a-okay avoiding accidents like this. The truck driver literally only had to reverse straight and then drive forward while turning out. Or start turning earlier. Or look at his rear camera or mirrors to see if he has enough clearance.

And yes it does look like he got back into the car after talking to you and started driving off. (This was after you had already gotten out of your car, right around when you stood in-front of his vehicle)
Yes, there's room for you to be proactive in getting your dashcam USB fixed or honking prior to impact, but really? This is 100% a driver who doesn't know how to reverse for ----.

At this point in the video (below) he could've just stuck it into drive and gone off...
1619486930946.png

I'm glad you weren't hurt and the M3 will be fixed. I always park far enough away so as not to encounter many other drivers. Today at the grocery store, I backed out of my parking space and was waiting for a woman with a full cart to move out of the driving area of that row. Since my Tesla doesn't make any noise, she turned to see me and almost fainted (or seemed to). She had been unaware that a car was waiting for her to move out of the way, so she was taking her sweet time.

Parking lots are crazy places. Be vigilant everyone!

• Funny
Reactions: KenC