Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Person Hits Model 3 and attempts to Flee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why didn't you move when you saw he was backing up? I see 2 people at fault here. One blocking the lot and one not paying attention. Does the other driver have a copy of the accident also? Insurance may assign the blame to both parties

Are all parked cars at fault when they get hit then? That truck had tons of room. My guess is this was drunk driving or vengeful and intentional.

Reactions: vickh
Are all parked cars at fault when they get hit then? That truck had tons of room. My guess is this was drunk driving or vengeful and intentional.

Here’s how I see it playing out… Driver of the truck walked out of the bar, stopped and told the Tesla guy to move (probably with attitude).

Tesla guy (OP), who would have probably moved if asked nicley, didn’t like the guys attitude, so he didn’t budge.

With neither driver willing to give way, it basically turns into a high stakes game of chicken, just like with typical road rage cases.

Truck at fault, but Tesla put himself in the position in the first place. They will both have to deal with the consequences as a result.

Tim

Reactions: ry-ballz
Hey everyone,

Someone just recently hit me in the parking lot. I'm not injured besides my poor model 3. It's been decided that the other driver is at fault. I gave them an address of where I will take the car for repair estimates which is a Telsa repair center. What's the next steps in the process? Can I give Telsa the green light once they give me a repair quote or at this point does the insurance adjustor work with Telsa?

Video of the Culprit below:

why did you park in the middle of the lot? looks like maybe asking to be hit.

Reactions: Hi_Im_Mike
I'm curious about the outcome of this. Years back I had a parking lot incident. My insurance company told me that parking lot accidents are 50/50 fault regardless of whom hit whom. The agent said I was lucky that I was in CA because they can't raise rates on a 50/50 by law. However, she said that she was in TX (where the Op is!) and said that they would raise your rates on a 50/50.

Hopefully, Op doesn't get punished for someone else's fault.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC