Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

personal license plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those of you who ordered personalized license plates. Did you request your plates while your car was being built, or did you do it after you took delivery of the vehicle? I'm looking to have plates added from my college alma mater.

Thanks.

I had my plates before I even put in the order, lol. It might depend on a jurisdiction, but here in Ontario (Canada), you don't need to link personalized plates to a car. I will put them on once I take delivery of the car in a few weeks.

I have my veteran plates from the car I sold, and I am going to be able to transfer them to my new M3 only because they're veteran plates. No other plates would have transferred unless I was trading my car in to Tesla, and when ordering new plates, I was told that you can't make any special requests, so vanity and/or specialty plates would have to be ordered later. I'm guessing this is an Oregon thing, but definitely worth checking on now so you know how it will work where you are.