TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Personalized plate for your Model S

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by sonywong, May 28, 2014.

1. sonywong

sonywong Member

10155375_10151953642515563_1442699067_n.jpg
    I will put this plate on my car (I saw it on a US Model S). Any one gonna use personalized plate on yours? But the whole process took me 1 year to get it.

2. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

I ordered and finally got one for mine, just in time for "April 2014 delivery"

Both the model S and the auction dragged out forever it seemed, although the license plate came first

Mine is SUPER boring, just the company name.

BYE OPEC is good, there is lots of inspiration here on the forums, from USA especially.

Go for it, but remember if you choose a really funny one, you might have to bid over 8000 HKD! There are license plate professional sharks at the auction, and if they feel your plate is good the will bid for it and hope to sell it on later, with a profit.

3. sonywong

sonywong Member

Lucky no one was bidding mine so I got it for HK$5000.

4. DITB

Oh yes, 5000, not 8000. I paid the minimum price also, I must have paid minimum price for my brain memory circuit also it seems!

5. CCT

CCT Member

I applied in January and am waiting for the actual auction date to be announced for mine. Mine is just my name "CCT".

6. DITB

Oooh, that sounds like it could be expensive. The day I went, the highest price that went was close to 100K! Especially the short ones can be more expensive. Good luck!

Also, I think we waited about 9 months, it's a long process. As far as I remember, first you get a letter that you are included in the draw. Later on, then tell you which one!

It was quite exciting to be at. If someone has the time, there is no fee to enter, and it can be interesting to see the process, how some "brokers" fight each other to see who will go highest. Of course, those few brokers know each other, and seems like they tease each other, playing a game of "poker".

7. CCT

CCT Member

100K is 'nothing' I'm afraid... Some went for over 1M... :cursing:

8. Alipapa

Alipapa Member

How about "NO GAS" ?

9. mchk

mchk Member

My daughter wants it to be, "bye bye" since we were zooming past everyone in the test drive. :smile:

10. sonywong

sonywong Member

Somebody submitted "n0 gas", you can check here:

Screen ID: SC-589-2-304