Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually really looking forward to driving the Great Ocean Road, so I'm driving via Penola to Portland, and the next day via RACV Torquay to Richmond.

And apparently RACV Torquay has 3phase sockets in addition to the HPWC, so my planned 3 hour stop for lunch might be reduced to 1 hour.

I'm actually really looking forward to driving the Great Ocean Road, so I'm driving via Penola to Portland, and the next day via RACV Torquay to Richmond.

And apparently RACV Torquay has 3phase sockets in addition to the HPWC, so my planned 3 hour stop for lunch might be reduced to 1 hour.

If you are wanting a charge in Portland (PlugShare), you are most welcome to use my HPWC. If you are staying overnight at the Richmond Henty Hotel/Motel for charging, maybe we could catch up.

Maybe they're tavelling fast with one long stop during the day and then an overnight recharge rather than hypermiling it?

Looking at the pushpin data it appears the car was charged twice yesterday, first at Merridin ( now on Plugshare) and then late afternoon in Kal, both using 32/3 phase, seems to be a fair bit of 110kmh cruising, can also see a point this morning where a slower moving vehicle was passed on the way to Norseman.

They didnt indicate where they charged at Boulder which I suspect was the DMR facility and probably not for public facility.

They charged at the netball courts at the goldfields oasis, photo on Twitter and visibletesla tracker shows from 5pm to 8:30pm

Thank you MDK for sharing, Bon voyage. Looks like the mobile coverage has been very good so far, maybe Telstra should have sponsored you...I guess it should get a lot more patchy tomorrow and Thursday though.

Last edited: