Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet and Cargo area protector with second row folded(5 seats)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

beths11

THE LONG RANGER
Apr 30, 2013
Molalla, OR
I have read the thread with many great recommendations for cargo/pet protectors with the third seat folded. Has anyone found a protector which extends from the back of the first row to the end of the car, when the second row is folded?

@beths11 Are you looking for something that truly touches the back of the 1st row seats (perhaps looping over the headrests), or are you simply asking for something that covers all the flat surfaces once the 2nd row is folded?

If you're only worried about the horizontal surfaces, I do have the Lloyd's Rubbertite on basically all horizontal surfaces, including the frunk, floor (front & 2nd row), the back of the 2nd row seats when folded, the top of the cargo/load floor which goes immediately behind the 2nd row, and the top of the cargo/load floor all the way in the back. The mats for the long flat surface came in three pieces, one each for the 2nd row seats and each cargo/load floor board. I personally like the three pieces because it makes it easy enough to remove any one section when the 2nd row seats are up, etc. The downside is that a large spill of water could seep between the three sections.

I'm about to embark on fooling around with the cheap anti-fatigue mats & industrial door mat option that another suggested for the Model S. HDepot and probably Lowe's carries them.

To date, only one of our dogs has entered the Model X, and that for thirty seconds only. But I think the two sets of mats will work well, most particularly because they also will overhang both the front and especially the rear gate, which will be their entry point.

I've got the separate pieces Lloyd's mats, like many posters above. Because dog hair (at least hair from my dogs) gets in every crack and crevice, I also bought a fairly thin rug pad and cut it to fit when the seats are folded flat, with a few inches extending at the sides. Then the mats go on top.