Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet and Cargo protector for the back area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I needed to haul a large load this week and ordered this rear cover. It works very well in the back of the X.

Amazon.com : Deluxe SUV Cargo Liner For Pets - Waterproof, Nonslip, Machine Washable Car Seat Cover for Pets, Lifetime Warranty : Pet Supplies

It has loops that go over the middle row outboard seat head rests.

it is long enough and wide enough that you can leave some slack behind the second row allowing the seats to travel full forward without unhooking it.

Prevents cargo from siding forward and falling under the second row seats.

It it is long enough to cover the basement even in the lower cover position.

It also has a fold out bumper cover for loading.

Completly covers the entire cargo area with room to spare.

It does exactly what I wanted.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond
Thanx for the review

I needed to haul a large load this week and ordered this rear cover. It works very well in the back of the X.

Amazon.com : Deluxe SUV Cargo Liner For Pets - Waterproof, Nonslip, Machine Washable Car Seat Cover for Pets, Lifetime Warranty : Pet Supplies

It has loops that go over the middle row outboard seat head rests.

it is long enough and wide enough that you can leave some slack behind the second row allowing the seats to travel full forward without unhooking it.

Prevents cargo from siding forward and falling under the second row seats.

It it is long enough to cover the basement even in the lower cover position.

It also has a fold out bumper cover for loading.

Completly covers the entire cargo area with room to spare.

It does exactly what I wanted.

I assume this is for your 6 seater since your sig says your 7 seater is missing in action. That is cool that it covers the gap between the 2 middle seats. Do you think it would be effective at keeping a dog from pushing into the driver's area?

I assume this is for your 6 seater since your sig says your 7 seater is missing in action. That is cool that it covers the gap between the 2 middle seats. Do you think it would be effective at keeping a dog from pushing into the driver's area?

Now that I know it works I will be ordering for the seven seat also.

It spans across the area between the two seats, up to the base of the headrests, very well. But then as a dog owner I know how creative those four legged creatures can be.

Loading up today to head back to Arizona. Put the cover back in to load some large boxes.

Here it is with middle row moved full forward.
image.jpeg

And with both middle seats full back
image.jpeg

When the bumper protection flap is folded in it fits exactly to the rear of the cargo area.

This one in large looks just slightly smaller, and in extra large is slightly larger. While it appears to be thicker, more like a moving blanket, I'm assuming it doesn't pack away as easily. I like the idea of something to keep everything from slipping forward from the folded down seats.

I am looking for a way to put a rigid barrier right behind the 2nd row so cargo does not keep hitting the second row back. While these liners may help avoid scratches, something rigid may provide better protection from sharp cargo edges. If someone has a way for this, please share.

I am looking for a way to put a rigid barrier right behind the 2nd row so cargo does not keep hitting the second row back. While these liners may help avoid scratches, something rigid may provide better protection from sharp cargo edges. If someone has a way for this, please share.

We used the the following pat/cargo barrier in our Model X:
Heininger 3048 PortablePET Pet Partition (adjustable 27" to 45")
Then we added a third rung so our smaller dog doesn't make it to the 2nd row:
Heininger 3049 PortablePET Pet Partition Add-On RungModelX_PetBarrier.JPG

On last X roadtrip done here, with two Corgis we have, we used the Evvanex protector and it worked fine, with 6 seats. I will say though that it looks like the part where the loops that go over headrest attach to rest of protector, the stitching may already be pulling/ripping. Not yet, but won't last I supposed. They should have really reinforced that area.

The attachment with 3m velcro strips worked well that was included, etc. It did a good job and protecting most hair/areas in back with 3rd row seats down. It doesn't have any protection up the wall part by the little porthole windows in 3rd seat area, those may be something your dogs try to look out or jump up to if smaller. I stuck some towels in that area to help.

IMG_2664.JPG

I stand corrected. I had seen the 60/40 style but didn't realize that there were two zippers to accommodate either 60/40 or 40/60. I like the quilted material of this version better than the smooth one above.

I can never keep track of who actually has the cars and who's waiting. You must have one of these, right? My understanding is that the length of the cargo area behind the 2nd row is 52" and these liners are 86" before the bumper flap. About how many extra inches of the cargo liner itself do you end up with to fold below?

It also looks like the width of the material is more than the X's width. Does the excess stay put? I don't know if you use this with dogs.

On the video there is a gap in the floor behind the seat back. Is that because you had the seats set forward? If you set them to the back most position does that gap disappear?

Do you also have the zippered version? If you've used it, how does the zipper length fit with the seat back height? Is the zipper long enough to reach the floor of the cargo area?

Sorry to bombard you with all theses questions, but I'm still trying to figure out if I can make the 6-seater (my preferred) work for me, even though I've already ordered the 5-seater, I can still change it. This solution could possibly keep my dogs from going into the 2nd row area and I could also use something like what swissbirdy suggested above in conjunction with this. I just have to decide if the area behind the 2nd row is big enough for all three dogs.