Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet Barrier for 2017 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What solutions have you guys found for keeping your dogs in the back of your 7-seat (third row folded down) Model X's?

What are you using that you are happy with? I've already found a ton of maybe good/maybe sucking vendors, I'm hoping someone here has a known-good setup that they are very happy with.

Ideally, I'd like to protect the walls, 2nd row seatbacks, rear carpeting, and block the upper section near the 2nd row headrests to prevent the dogs from coming forward into the rest of the cabin. And maybe that fragile-looking rear-hatch speaker grill?

We are in Vancouver, Canada, with 3 larger dogs (1 samoyed, 2 huskies).

Thank you so much for your time. My wife and I have separately spent many hours on this and are losing our minds.

Last edited:
At the pricing high end, this seems to be one solution, but sacrifices some critical space that we might need for our 3 big dogs:

Travall Guard was an excellent pet barrier for preventing your dogs from climbing over the tops of the rear seats for the Model S, but they don't seem to make anything for the Model X:

Someone in an earlier thread mentioned Bushwhacker on Amazon, but they also mention limited rearview mirror visibility with this, and very poor nighttime visibility:

Someone here also mentioned Guardsman, who only seems to ship to EU, but I've reached out via their contact form to see what shipping to Canada might look like:

And a ton of various liner vendors that largely don't specify Model X compatibility, including a very expensive but seemingly compatible Hamilton Pet Liner:

Last edited:
Out of desperation, I may have just come up with an excellent idea. I gotta try it out; might be able to become a business idea.

Everything out there is kind of *sugar* or colossally expensive at a time when I'm deep in debt with this new-to-me X. I'll report back once I've tried it. Especially if it looks like it will be adaptable and good to build a business around.

Reactions: scottf200
What solutions have you guys found for keeping your dogs in the back of your 7-seat (third row folded down) Model X's?

What are you using that you are happy with? I've already found a ton of maybe good/maybe sucking vendors, I'm hoping someone here has a known-good setup that they are very happy with.

Ideally, I'd like to protect the walls, 2nd row seatbacks, rear carpeting, and block the upper section near the 2nd row headrests to prevent the dogs from coming forward into the rest of the cabin. And maybe that fragile-looking rear-hatch speaker grill?

We are in Vancouver, Canada, with 3 larger dogs (1 samoyed, 2 huskies).

Thank you so much for your time. My wife and I have separately spent many hours on this and are losing our minds.
Have you considered a horse trailer? (j/k)

• Funny
Reactions: baglunch