Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet barrier ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our dog (a hound / boxer mix) weighs somewhere in the 40 pound range and if given the chance has on occasion managed to escape over the backseat into the main compartment.

To work around this, I looped a leash through itself by going down through the access hole in the left side of the trunk and coming back up under the footwell cover.

Works great now, once the dog hops into the trunk, I clip him into the leash, which gives him enough room to roam around the trunk, but not enough to get over the seat back.

Probably not a great everyday solution but we used half of a dog crate on our last road trip and it worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 2,005
My dog would definitely try to get into the main compartment if not very definitely blocked from it. And unfortunately she'd just end up completely tangled in a leash. Has to be some kind of barrier.

I wrote to Travall and they said they won't be offering one (which makes sense, since they're custom made to each model car and there's not that many Tesla's out there. Yet.)