Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet Barrier - Model 3 / How to keep windows locked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rescue pit bull has severe separation anxiety. When I say severe, it’s bad.. she’s destructive and panics. Kennel training worked for 9 months, now - nope! She broke all 4 canine teeth busting out of several kennels, costing $7k in dental repair. And almost strangled herself several times.

My solution was to get ama Model 3 so I could take her with me everywhere due to Dog Mode. Well, she has learned how to roll down the windows, jump out and follow me or go search for me. The child-lock feature only seems to work on the back windows.

I tried:
- teslas window guards that cover the doors (she pulls them right off)
- covering the buttons with cardboard, securing with duct tape (undone within minutes)
- $120 canine seatbelt (she figured out how to unbuckle the seatbelt.

This girl is determined & smart.

I’m looking for a barrier to keep her in the back seat but not having any luck with something that will fit the Model 3. Or, some type of barriers for the windows (like police cars have). She will chew right through anything mesh.

Please, does anyone know of a barrier or solution to keep the windows locked?

Thank you, I’m beyond frustrated & stressed out!

PS - The diva in question is my grey pittie. My other one is an angel.

Attachments

• 450FA590-981A-4CF1-852D-00AFF89B8F37.jpeg
    450FA590-981A-4CF1-852D-00AFF89B8F37.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 155
My rescue pit bull has severe separation anxiety. When I say severe, it’s bad.. she’s destructive and panics. Kennel training worked for 9 months, now - nope! She broke all 4 canine teeth busting out of several kennels, costing $7k in dental repair. And almost strangled herself several times.

My solution was to get ama Model 3 so I could take her with me everywhere due to Dog Mode. Well, she has learned how to roll down the windows, jump out and follow me or go search for me. The child-lock feature only seems to work on the back windows.

I tried:
- teslas window guards that cover the doors (she pulls them right off)
- covering the buttons with cardboard, securing with duct tape (undone within minutes)
- $120 canine seatbelt (she figured out how to unbuckle the seatbelt.

This girl is determined & smart.

I’m looking for a barrier to keep her in the back seat but not having any luck with something that will fit the Model 3. Or, some type of barriers for the windows (like police cars have). She will chew right through anything mesh.

PS - The diva in question is my grey pittie. My other one is an angel.

This won’t solve your barrier problem, but it would address the door lock issue. You might consider tweeting Mr. Musk and asking him to make all the door locks child/dog proof in dog mode. 🙂

Upvote 0

Have you considered what your dog will do if it can NOT exit the car to follow you?
Based on your prior experience with kennels, I'm thinking you should be ready and willing to go shopping for new Model 3 interior, not just the window guards!

I tried:

Unless you are planning to get your car destroyed (aka an insurance write-off), I would explore alternative accommodations other than locking your destructive pat inside your car.

Sorry,
a

Upvote 0