Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet Names for the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had a pet name for a car. Those I know that did, usually it's a rebuilt classic or something sort of run down and it's a humorous name. I've wracked my brain, but it's just "my car". I have a similarly hard time thinking of a custom license number.

Maybe someone will end up naming it for me.

How 'bout "S-Car", Scar for short? ;)

I've been calling my Roadster "Tessie", mainly because my wife groaned loudly the first time I said it. So I told her I was going to call the Model S "Essie". More groans. She's demanded naming rights, though, and wants to call it "Nikkie" (after Nicola Tesla of course).
Some friends of my wife and I name all their cars. The mini-van is "Rommy" (TV show Andromeda), the sedan is "Marshall", etc... So we asked their advice.

Two options came up for the Red Perf Sig: Rowan (means fire or similar apparently) and Nikki. Turns out we know somebody named Rowen, so that one was tossed and the name that stuck was Nikki. For Nicola and for "Nikki Heat" who comes from the TV show "Castle".

So far the Nikki name seems to be sticking.

you don't want do that if your first name is Dave, would you? 'caus we all know the answer.

I think it would be cool for someone to develop an app that the user could set that would have the car respond a certain percentage of the time "Dave, I'm afraid I can't allow you do to that" when you tried to adjust the radio or air conditioning. Would be funny for passengers in the car at least.

Dave

BTW... naming the car is important if you're into feng shui I guess: Do you have good 'feng shui' energy in your car?

Name your car. Freida the Fiesta. Tommy Taurus. "Giving a name to your car is one way to encourage a strong connection to your vehicle. Using decals and vanity plates are other ways to encourage that connection," Hilker says. No comment on those Calvin comic strip character urination decals, but we assume those count.