Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet Names for the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 1999, my vehicles have all had names based on characters in the movie Matrix. So far, their names have been:

2000 Honda Prelude - Trinity
2001 Toyota RAV4 - Tank
2005 Acura TL - Persephone
2009 Acura MDX - Morpheus
2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R - Apoc

My 2013 Tesla Model S will be Oracle (as she represents the future).

Admittedly, I am reserving Neo for if and when I get an NSX... but having been bitten by the EV bug, Neo may be Tesla's next-gen sports car. :)

- Rob

I am sorry to say, but if your MS is smoking, you did something wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IMG_0777.jpg

Aaron

A German friend of mine named his VW "Otto". :biggrin:

We already have an "Otto" who sometimes flies the airplane for me (he's the "otto-pilot"), so I couldn't use that. We refer to our cars as a function of what they are, so we talk about taking "the van" or "the BMW". My Model S was just baptized as "the carpet" a few days ago, in reference to Aladdin's magic carpet: silent, awe-inspiring, futuristic, magical... and it flies. :-D

alas, 3 years or more before I'll be able to buy a Gen3, but on the topic of names...

perhaps a bit out there, but anyone else think referring to Tesla's cars as digital cars makes sense?

i.e. Silicon Valley DNA of the car a different animal than original electric cars of 1900s. The instant and smooth torque seems digital in comparison to the clunky ICE's analogue like gear shifting acceleration. There's also the S's ability to be upgraded digitally. Finally there's the delight of the enhanced experience of an S people associate with smart phones/tablets rather than compromised experience people associate with term electric car, i.e. Leaf (no offense to any Leaf owners... I'm referring to mainstream perception).

Last edited: