Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pet Names for the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had one car with a name...in 2001 I bought a Mercedes SLK and when a kid at work saw the retractable hardtop he insisted I call it Optimus Prime. I do feel the need to name my S but I think I need to meet it first and let it reveal its name...too bad that kid isn't still around at work.

Since 1999, my vehicles have all had names based on characters in the movie Matrix. So far, their names have been:

2000 Honda Prelude - Trinity
2001 Toyota RAV4 - Tank
2005 Acura TL - Persephone
2009 Acura MDX - Morpheus
2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R - Apoc

My 2013 Tesla Model S will be Oracle (as she represents the future).

Admittedly, I am reserving Neo for if and when I get an NSX... but having been bitten by the EV bug, Neo may be Tesla's next-gen sports car. :)

- Rob

I never named my car so far but I like your matix of thinking. I'd have gone for Nebuchadnezzar as long as the car isn't answering to smalltalk I don't need a too personal name and The Nebuchadnezzar really sounds like a spaceship. Serinity thou would be a lot easier to say :p

I also like 'The Pitt' in a similiar fashion as Tesla absorbed my life in the last 8 years quiet a bit and will empty my bank account in a way tha scares me 'Christine' would be quiet fun too.. :)

I never named my car so far but I like your matix of thinking. I'd have gone for Nebuchadnezzar as long as the car isn't answering to smalltalk I don't need a too personal name and The Nebuchadnezzar really sounds like a spaceship. Serinity thou would be a lot easier to say :p

I also like 'The Pitt' in a similiar fashion as Tesla absorbed my life in the last 8 years quiet a bit and will empty my bank account in a way tha scares me 'Christine' would be quiet fun too.. :)

I actually did think of Nebucc(etc)... but it was a ship and not a character. :) And it's way too complicated to spell. As it is, I've got Oracle embroidered on my custom Lloyd's floor mats. :)

I actually did think of Nebucc(etc)... but it was a ship and not a character. :) And it's way too complicated to spell. As it is, I've got Oracle embroidered on my custom Lloyd's floor mats. :)

Wich is exactely my point. My Model S is my Ship I'd hope to get a Trinity with legs not wheels ;) Oracle sounds too much like work ;)

I also have to admit I took the blue pill and not the red as I ordered a blue Model S yesterday.

Wich is exactely my point. My Model S is my Ship I'd hope to get a Trinity with legs not wheels ;) Oracle sounds too much like work ;)

I also have to admit I took the blue pill and not the red as I ordered a blue Model S yesterday.

And the S really does feel like it's hovering!!

Congratulations on your reservation! I hope you get the car soon and start to live in the REAL world. :p

2013-04-25 10.13.37 pm.png