Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@pete8314 - Do you have a minimum you want/need to reach so that pricing and/or quality is better?

No, the first order for 100 units is already in. To keep things fair for this first batch I'll probably limit order qty to 2 per buyer, but I'm hoping to get another order placed ASAP. There's a couple of things that need to fall into place, but I'm working on getting things sorted out quickly.

I will see your 10, and raise to twelve, depending on cost. Al

Knowing quantities are limited, at least initially, I placed an 'order' for two several pages ago and would be very happy just to see them initially. Looks like you have a desirable product Pete. Don't hesitate to make a little money on this idea. Will help pay for an 'X'. :smile:

Thanks for all the interest. I know I'm going to need more, and I hope to know within a couple of days how quickly I can get them. For such a simple thing there's still a lot of moving part, but I'm trying to get everything tied down as quickly as I can. I suspect the first 100 are sold ( I still need to do the spreadsheet, weekend activities are conspiring against me (thanks Ikea!) but I'll get there soon). I'm hoping that things will start flowing nicely and the stock levels will not be a problem for long.

Ok, here's a read-only link to the current list of order requests. A few of the requests up-thread were a little vague, so I've assumed 2 for everyone unless specifically requested otherwise. Please PM me with any changes.

It looks like there's requests for 160 including a couple of larger requests, but as I said, I hope to have the supply chain kinks worked out very soon, so I don't think it'll be a huge problem going forward.

I'd take 10 (presuming price is in same range as CaseLogic), more if it is cheaper ;)
(did you set a price yet? - sorry if I missed it)

No price yet, as I'm not sure what the landed cost to me will be...there's a couple of harmonized codes that could be applied for duty, but until they come through, you never quite know. However, it will be more expensive than the typical Amazon price of ~$5, but less than the claimed list price on Amazon of $14.99. Most likely somewhere in the middle of those numbers, I've worked out the rest of my fixed costs, aside from duty, and potentially a royalty to Tesla for use of the logo.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd take 10 (presuming price is in same range as CaseLogic), more if it is cheaper ;)
(did you set a price yet? - sorry if I missed it)

Added to spreadsheet.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to sign up for two as well. Thanks!!

Also added.

Hi Pete. You can remove my request from the list. Seems like it shouldnt be an issue as you have plenty over the batch of 100 you ordered. I might be interested down the road. But As I already have 4 of the original CaseLogic ones and now just ordered 2 of the ones in the Fob thread, I'm going to pass on these for now.

I really do like them, but do feel that with the hole on one side, its too easy for the fob to slip out of the sleeve. Hopefully yours with the smaller hole won't have this issue. But I'm gonna try the other ones first.

Thanks for taking the initiative to get them made though!

Status
Not open for further replies.