Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done.

The stock arrived today, so the 'early bird' reservation holders have a PM from me. I'll give it a few days for that group to place their order, before sending details to everyone else on the list. Rest assured that there should be plenty of stock to go around.

I'll be at Teslive this weekend, so will not be able to send anything out during that time, so the bulk of the PM's will probably go out when I get back on Monday.

If you did order early, and do not have a PM from me, please PM me, there was 1 screenname that didn't resolve, so it's either a typo, or the account no longer exists, but I want to make sure I got everyone.

Pete

Last edited:
Hey Pete, I got your PM to place my order. Since I will be attending TESLIVE is it possible to just pick them up there instead of having them shipped?

Sure, please check out through the link provided, and add a note during checkout that you'd like to collect at Teslive. I'll note it elsewhere as well, but this way all bases are covered, I need all the help I can get when packing for a trip!

Dropped off my MS today at the Fremont Service Center for the micro-recall and a small warranty issue. Without thinking I put my key fob with the (original series) red on black cover from pete8314 on the service advisor's desk. She looked at it, smiled and said "this looks great, where did you get it?" I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble :), but she was genuinely impressed!

Dropped off my MS today at the Fremont Service Center for the micro-recall and a small warranty issue. Without thinking I put my key fob with the (original series) red on black cover from pete8314 on the service advisor's desk. She looked at it, smiled and said "this looks great, where did you get it?" I hope I didn't get anyone in trouble :), but she was genuinely impressed!

Ha, no, not at all. The manager at my SC has asked for a few, and business cards for other customers that - shock/gasp :scared:- are not on TMC.

As a quick update, all orders placed (47 orders in total as of 7.45pm central, 109 FobPockets) have now been fulfilled, the first batch was mailed this morning, the remainder will go first thing tomorrow. A reminder to those early reservation holders that have not yet ordered, I'll be at Teslive Fri-Mon, so the last shipments for this week will be fulfilled tomorrow. When I'm back, I'll take care of any remaining early-bird orders that were placed over the weekend, then start sending PMs to all the other reservation holders.

Here's a quick photo of the new batch, note that the blue is now a very limited edition (so please don't be disappointed if it's sold out by the time you get your invite to order), but if there's strong demand I'll be able to order in more.

4 colors.jpg

Again, thanks to everyone supporting this little project, it's keeping me busy :)

Last edited:
How many did you receive in the "stock"? When do you expect the next shipment? Thanks.

There's enough to fulfill all the current reservations. I'm not going to place another order until I can see how the sales start trending, but I'll do my best to keep the stock levels stable. The first few weeks are a bit of a test for all parts of the supply chain.

Last edited:
Pete - what do I need to do to reserve? I thought I had noted on this thread that I would like 2, but the search feature of the spreadsheet did not find my handle. Please send me a PM if you can. Otherwise I'll look for you this weekend (staying at the Crown Plaza but not registered for TESLIVE so won't be attending the events - but will be saying hello to some friends and family in the Bay area).

Thanks!

OK, all orders up to 7pm today have been shipped, I'm bringing 4 orders to TESLIVE with me - Brianman, Stevezzzz, DrComputer and vfx. If you expect to see your name there but don't, please PM me!

When I get back from Teslive I'll start PM'ing all other reservation holders...it takes a while, as I have to wait 1 minute between PMs, and can only sent to 5 users at a time, so bear with me. As I've mentioned before, assuming everyone orders, and nobody changes their mind on colors, then we're good with the current stock levels. People seem to like the blue, and based on current requests they're all now spoken for, but I will try to get more in. It's a balancing act as once this initial bunch of orders have cleared, I don't really have a feel for how many more I'll need to order, though on the basis there's ~15k Model S's out there, that's a target market of 30,000 :)

I hope everyone loves their FobPockets when they arrive, and please spread the word :) Obviously, if there's any issues, then ping me.

Here's another picture for now, there's still a poll open here if you'd like to vote for other colors, or suggest something.

Again, thanks for all the support and suggestions, see some of you over the weekend.

Pete

4 colors v2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.