Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peterson’s Automotive Museum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is in "The Vault"?
On a Cybertruck thread that term takes on another meaning!

Dan

Good point. At the Petersen The Vault refers to the basement where there is an amazing collection of cars. It’s an additional charge to view it. Again, it’s absolutely worth the extra charge.
E318504E-3669-4752-80BE-BAEAC7C87E91.png

Any pictures of the suspension or the underside of the Truck
Somewhere I saw that the suspension is protected by covers so you cannot see it w/o taking them off. Probably smart to protect the undercarriage in an offroad style vehicle. Though if it's anything like the model 3 I expect it will fill up with dirt over time and pull itself off the bottom of the truck.

Somewhere I saw that the suspension is protected by covers so you cannot see it w/o taking them off. Probably smart to protect the undercarriage in an offroad style vehicle. Though if it's anything like the model 3 I expect it will fill up with dirt over time and pull itself off the bottom of the truck.

Hopefully they've designed wells that are less prone to that! From the Y, we see all the "continuous improvements" Tesla makes...

CT will be more robust than M3 or MY; each of the independent rear suspension assemblies will be attached to the unibody with THREE sheet metal screws. :)

This footage made it's rounds on reddit pretty well a couple days ago. At about 3:25 I feel like it might be showing a nose mounted camera inside the air intake. Like a curb viewing parking cam. I think that would be great considering this will be my first truck I'm keen to have parking assitance features and something to help me view over the nose would be great.

In addition at 6:37 it shows dual backup cameras. I assume different fields of view? I'm hoping that down low is not the perspective of the rearview mirror cam. I was hoping it would be up high and mimic a more natual perspective. For example if at the peak of the cab they had a rear facing camera. I'm thinking sort of like the new Landrover Defender.

I'm also hoping for roof mounted ultrasonic sensors that can warn me if I'm about to scrape the peak inside a parking garage.

Reactions: dazedNconfuzed
Since it is a work/adventure Truck, perhaps the scratches give it "provenance" Kind of line how some Jeep/Hummer owners do not immediately wash off mud and dirt from off roading. Keep it on for a while as a Badge of Honor.

Earlier stainless steel DeLorean owners would use Scotch Bright pads to spuce up their rides.

Yeah with this particular vehicles asthetic I'm not so sure I care as much about a few marks. However, in this case I'm not so sure those are scratches instead it might be smear/smudges of some cleaning product they were using on it.

Being on a Truck and getting scratched up may not be good for the Stainless Sure don't want to clean it with an abrasive
Why is my Stainless Steel Rusting?

Rust on stainless steel raises a lot of concerns, because stainless steel is not supposed to rust…right? Actually, stainless steel is corrosion resistant due to its high percentage of chromium. When the chromium is exposed to water, air, and acids, a thin layer of oxide forms to stop further corrosion.

Common causes of stainless steel rusting or corroding:

Improper cleaning – When all dirt is not removed from the surface, the surface is not thoroughly rinsed after cleaning, or the surface is thoroughly dried after cleaning can allow iron (found in most water) to react to oxygen in the air. This forms into a rust film.

Scouring the surface with steel wool or wire brush – When this process is used to clean stainless steel, particles are embedded onto the surface. When these particles are exposed to humid air or moisture, rust forms.

Cleaning chemicals – At times, it’s not the products being used on the stainless steel but around them that can cause rust. For example, the chemicals used when cleaning concrete or windows can land on the stainless steel surface and react with the air for form a rust film. Concrete dust from pouring floors, dirt, dust and grime can also settle on the stainless steel and combine with the air to create a rusting appearance.

To treat this problem, you can purchase a special cleaning kit or have the products be refinished. To prevent this from happening in the future, consider these tips:

• Look into using a polished (smooth) finish US32 rather than satin (grain) finish US32D. The grain in the satin finish is more susceptible to the build-up of contaminants.
  • For harsh environments, consider using a higher grade of stainless steel.
  • During construction or remodeling, leave the product’s original plastic film in place or use something similar until the project is complete

Being on a Truck and getting scratched up may not be good for the Stainless Sure don't want to clean it with an abrasive

I bet there's a stainless steel sink in your house somewhere. Is it rusty?

Agreed that care and cleaning of stainless will differ from paint, glass, or plastic, but it's fairly easy. I have a 40-year-old DeLorean with 100,000+ miles and the stainless looks fantastic.