Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition asking Tesla to give free software upgrades to owners who purchased before price cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read an article on drudge.com saying 6,000 people signed this "petition" asking for Elon to approve free software upgrades such as acceleration boost and enhanced auto pilot for owners who purchased their vehicle before the 20% price cut recently. Anyone else want to know more about this!? Where can we follow along to see if anything comes of it!? I want AB so bad and if they offered that to me for free after selling my exact car for almost 10k cheaper than I bought if for I would be as bitter.

So you're upset because something you purchased was depreciated shortly after you purchased it. The "solution" is to get something for free that would depreciate something somebody else purchased shortly after they purchased it. Doesn't sound selfish at all.

Read an article on drudge.com saying 6,000 people signed this "petition" asking for Elon to approve free software upgrades such as acceleration boost and enhanced auto pilot for owners who purchased their vehicle before the 20% price cut recently. Anyone else want to know more about this!? Where can we follow along to see if anything comes of it!? I want AB so bad and if they offered that to me for free after selling my exact car for almost 10k cheaper than I bought if for I would be as bitter.

I'm not sure which petition you are referring to but one that's been posted on here (link below) currently has over 6,300 signatures and is suggesting either free 1 year FSD subscription or discount on EAP / FSD or free supercharging miles.

Reactions: ForestGump
Nice click-bait title.

I have reported it asking for a mod for this subforum to either change the title, or merge the entire thread with the existing "price drop" thread in this subforum. This thread title is out of bounds imo, since it intimates a decision has already been made, when the body text is simply "I would like", not any confirmation of anything.

EDIT: mods for this subforum have updated the thread title.

So you're upset because something you purchased was depreciated shortly after you purchased it. The "solution" is to get something for free that would depreciate something somebody else purchased shortly after they purchased it. Doesn't sound selfish at all.
That is correct. Well mostly correct, as I originally stated it is more of a band-aid for the painfully cheaper prices of the vehicles that are available now (a m3 performance is 5k less than what I paid for a LR) and would help ease the pain not necessarily a solution as you say. (Also you used quotes as if I actually said that... hmm???)

It was intended to be selfish, I don't make a habit of buying expensive products for others. Selfishness is literally why we buy things for ourselves that are not of necessity. So, I don't understand your stab at trying to make me feel bad for wanting something lol!

Last edited by a moderator: