Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition denouncing NJ ban of Tesla sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only thing that will be accomplished by signing this petition is you will be giving your email address to the Democratic party. They're using the Tesla situation to gather email addresses of people who have a reason to oppose Christie. Both parties have used "petitions" about a current issue to collect email addresses of potential supporters. Sign at your own risk.

The only thing that will be accomplished by signing this petition is you will be giving your email address to the Democratic party. They're using the Tesla situation to gather email addresses of people who have a reason to oppose Christie. Both parties have used "petitions" about a current issue to collect email addresses of potential supporters. Sign at your own risk.

True, but I already get e-mails from both political parties and it's easy enough to 'unsubscribe' afterwards. I'll sign the petition as it adds to the noise level and brings it to the attention of the NJ legislature.

Obviously parties love to use politics of the opposition. But this is an email, big deal. You can make a new email just for this and never even read the email. It is not like your giving away your address or phone number.

Including the original post, and the article that spawned it?

Trying to strike a balance here. We decided to permit the posting of the petition... with some reservations.

Just to be clear, we would be perfectly happy to have a relevant political discussion in this forum if the participants could be counted on to remain civil. What we don't want is partisan bickering descending into name calling. Unfortunately that is what always happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I just moved one post to Politics - Quarantine Thread - Page 17 because it was unnecessarily rude towards a political figure, and therefore likely to cause dissent.

Trying to strike a balance here. We decided to permit the posting of the petition... with some reservations.
I guess I'm just having trouble seeing the balance.

It seems that the current approach is "you can post a link to anything political you want" even if any reasonable reply would be immediately banished to the quarantined thread. Seems a bit of a one-sided policy to me, and counter to productive discussion.

We decided to allow it since it was a petition in favor of Tesla's business model. If we could expect reasonable discussion here then we would allow said discussion, but that is clearly not what would happen.

In any case I'm not going to engage in a debate over site moderation policies in this thread, so this is my last comment on the subject.