Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition for a Supercharger in the Phoenix-East Valley area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe that there still isn't an SC in the East Valley. I travel there a few times per year to visit family and it sure does make the last bit of the journey more difficult than it should be. C'mon, Chandler/Gilbert.
Unless you taking an odd route, I don’t understand your difficulty. Traveling from Colorado to the Valley via Payson or Flagstaff should be a Supercharging breeze — and as soon as you reach the Valley there are several Superchargers in North and NE Valley. As for charging during your visit in Gilbert or Chandler, that might be more challenging.

Unless you taking an odd route, I don’t understand your difficulty. Traveling from Colorado to the Valley via Payson or Flagstaff should be a Supercharging breeze — and as soon as you reach the Valley there are several Superchargers in North and NE Valley. As for charging during your visit in Gilbert or Chandler, that might be more challenging.

Hit Payson on the way in by way of Albuquerque, take the most direct route 87 > Bush Highway > 202, and end up in Gilbert/Queen Creek area with 15-20%. Check that route on the map - you’re nowhere close to any Superchargers after Payson. Even if you came in from the North, there’s just nothing after Scottsdale.

Staying with family where 110v is the only option. This works fine for leaving the car parked for most of the visit, but as soon as it’s time to drive around to visit friends and family in various corners of the valley, I have to figure out how to route through Scottsdale Biltmore Supercharger...which is 50 minutes away.

Realistically there should be a Supercharger at 60/Val Vista in the shopping center. Centrally located and near food/shopping/restrooms.

Hit Payson on the way in by way of Albuquerque, take the most direct route 87 > Bush Highway > 202, and end up in Gilbert/Queen Creek area with 15-20%. Check that route on the map - you’re nowhere close to any Superchargers after Payson. Even if you came in from the North, there’s just nothing after Scottsdale.

Staying with family where 110v is the only option. This works fine for leaving the car parked for most of the visit, but as soon as it’s time to drive around to visit friends and family in various corners of the valley, I have to figure out how to route through Scottsdale Biltmore Supercharger...which is 50 minutes away.

Realistically there should be a Supercharger at 60/Val Vista in the shopping center. Centrally located and near food/shopping/restrooms.
If you charge to near 100% in Payson, you should be able to arrive in Queen Creek with ~80% SOC. It's 83 miles but there is a significant elevation drop that will help you out. Then just trickle charge while you are sleeping and you should be covered for your local driving.

I agree that there should be a supercharger in the east valley though. I think I'd prefer Apache Junction for through travel, but I could see an argument for Mesa or Chandler or Gilbert too. Why not both? :)

Reactions: tmoz

I bought an adapter that fits into the old style clothes dryer 220 V outlet. I also have one for the new style. These outlets have solved my "where do I charge other than 110V" issue more than once.

They have broken ground already, but its not the most convenient location.

Mesa Supercharger
I think you might be mistaken. Others have driven by and say there is no activity yet. If there is construction activity, please post pictures (before you post rumors). Thx

It was at the Mills Mall on the East side next to the closed Five and Diner restaurant. There is 14 superchargers and a handcap.
Sorry no pictures, I'm back in San Diego at the moment.
That location isnt even Mesa? Hopefully i didnt get it confused with another new location?

It was at the Mills Mall on the East side next to the closed Five and Diner restaurant. There is 14 superchargers and a handcap.
That location isnt even Mesa? Hopefully i didnt get it confused with another new location?
There are two new locations. That one and one near Stapley and US60/baseline.
1656685230961.png

I live in a small town above Napa Valley,, and I'd like a supercharger up here.. Sure, we don't get many tourists, but just think! I could charge for free instead of using my garage!

I understand that there are cases where apartment dwellers might need superchargers, but then some would insist that THEIR apartment get a supercharger, yadda yadda., and STILL you'd get the cheap drivers who'd just have to charge at a supercharger... even if Tesla DOES charge you to use it.

No prob… The Mills Mall location is “Tempe”, and is under construction. The Stapley location is Mesa, and does not appear to be started yet.

The Chandler proposition seems to be in downtown Chandler. The Mesa location seems to be on Main and Center.
I also put in two suggestions at the Superstition Mall and one in Show Low. I go to Show Low/Pinetop area to mountain bike and I don't mind stopping in Payson, but I don't want to go up to Holbrook to charge and then go South to go riding and then go back up to Holbrook and back South again to Payson.

Mesa location.png

Last edited:
The Chandler proposition seems to be in downtown Chandler. The Mesa location seems to be on Main and Center.
I also put in two suggestions at the Superstition Mall and one in Show Low. I go to Show Low/Pinetop area to mountain bike and I don't mind stopping in Payson, but I don't want to go up to Holbrook to charge and then go South to go riding and then go back up to Holbrook and back South again to Payson.

View attachment 875893
Looks like this one wound up on 101 and Ray

Reactions: JssonB