Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition for a Supercharger in the Phoenix-East Valley area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I signed. Superstition Springs would make sense. But you'd have to have an SC in Globe, I think to have this make more sense, assuming the SCs are for travelers and not for locals. Adding an SC to Show Low / Pinetop area would seal the deal.

Yes, even Superstition Springs would be ok. Globe has been on the list of "Coming soon" for a while but it doesn't look like they've even pulled a permit yet. Globe along with Showlow would make perfect sense.

The intent is to draw Tesla's attention to East Valley as it seems that North and West sides got their fair share of Supercharging options and we have nothing on this side. Traveling East or NorthEast from Phoenix is almost impossible at this time.

Thanks for your support to the petition.

Yes, even Superstition Springs would be ok. Globe has been on the list of "Coming soon" for a while but it doesn't look like they've even pulled a permit yet. Globe along with Showlow would make perfect sense.

The intent is to draw Tesla's attention to East Valley as it seems that North and West sides got their fair share of Supercharging options and we have nothing on this side. Traveling East or NorthEast from Phoenix is almost impossible at this time.

Thanks for your support to the petition.
Going directly NE is no problem with Payson and Holbrook, but going to Globe and then trying to go in any other direction is a no-go at the moment. Az is doing pretty well as far as SCs go, but we do have a couple of key spots are missing that would be really nice to have. Namely, Kayenta, Globe, Show Low, and Jacob Lake.

Reactions: BDV300
Going directly NE is no problem with Payson and Holbrook, but going to Globe and then trying to go in any other direction is a no-go at the moment. Az is doing pretty well as far as SCs go, but we do have a couple of key spots are missing that would be really nice to have. Namely, Kayenta, Globe, Show Low, and Jacob Lake.
Prescott, Parker, Bisbee, Seligman...

Prescott, Parker, Bisbee, Seligman...
Out of all of them, I would think Prescott would be the most likely to get one next.
You mention Bisbee, that raises the question about the best way to electrify US 80 down there.
Sierra Vista and Douglass instead?
Or throw in Benson to take care of Tombstone and Sierra Vista?
We are about a dozen locations short of having a really robust go-anywhere in Az network.

Just read this community input to the Gilbert 2020 10 yr general plan that gets voted on this november:
"Transportation Improvements: • Please provide pedestrian crossing to Silos and Lakes. • Please bring a Tesla Supercharger for East Valley owners and travelers"
Page 11.
https://www.gilbertaz.gov/home/showdocument?id=32414

But on the negative side, I don't see any talk of public charging for EVs in general.
Perhaps that is a detail of a level to low to mention.
But would be nice if they planned for it somewhere.
I might have missed it too.

Last edited:
Is it cool now for locals to use SCs as their main source of charge? I wouldn't want to do it as it can't be good for your battery. Neutral at best. Just wondering why 2017, when there were only S and Xs out there? I don't keep up with these things.
When Tesla first created lower power urban Superchargers in 2017, I think Musk noted that it was done to accommodate the many city dwellers who don’t have garages. Prior to that time, it was true that Superchargers were intended for significant trips, not daily charges. Agree that I wouldn’t daily Supercharge for battery health, either, even if one was across the street from my house. But I have a garage.

• Informative
Reactions: ragedogg69 and tmoz
Just read this community input to the Gilbert 2020 10 yr general plan that gets voted on this november:
"Transportation Improvements: • Please provide pedestrian crossing to Silos and Lakes. • Please bring a Tesla Supercharger for East Valley owners and travelers"
Page 11.
https://www.gilbertaz.gov/home/showdocument?id=32414

I will try to find a contact at Town of Gilbert to see if this is on someone's radar.

I will try to find a contact at Town of Gilbert to see if this is on someone's radar.
I sent a note to the mayor and she actually responded. My note was suggesting that they address EV charging availability as many people don't have personal garages to charge overnight. She agreed it was something they should plan for. Whether anything happens or not is another story.

I sent a note to the mayor and she actually responded. My note was suggesting that they address EV charging availability as many people don't have personal garages to charge overnight. She agreed it was something they should plan for. Whether anything happens or not is another story.

That's awesome that she responded herself. Though she just quit so we'll need to try and reach out to others and possibly the city council. I had reached out to a councilperson at Chandler and he was very supportive. Bad news that he was not re-elected. :(

I will try to draft an email to the city council of Chandler and Gilbert.

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
Does anyone know if there's a thread for the new Supercharger that's on the Tesla map as "coming soon in 2020".... I'm just curious where it's going to be, I know it's not the pin location as that's just the zero block for Phoenix and where all pins go when selecting "phoenix". I'm fairly certain Biltmore has to go away or be relocated. Those parking garages are being expanded east one day, the shops being demolished for multi-level residential with ground floor food, beverage, and services since the mall is nearly dead. I think this project is delayed due to the economy and the fact that the plans for the office towers is changing since office demand is not predicted to come back very strong. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.... but in the meantime I'm just wondering where this new 2020 Phoenix supercharger will be... Maybe Ahwatukee area, airport area, gateway area? Can't see it being West Phoenix, Metrocenter, ah... maybe the Paradise Valley Mall Target would make some sense. I'm really rooting for downtown though... or airport.

Does anyone know if there's a thread for the new Supercharger that's on the Tesla map as "coming soon in 2020".... I'm just curious where it's going to be, I know it's not the pin location as that's just the zero block for Phoenix and where all pins go when selecting "phoenix".

I'd be curious to find out as well but I don't think that info is available until a permit is applied for. Sometimes the "coming soon" can stay that way for a long time (like Globe, AZ).

I am hoping they will put a Supercharger somewhere in the East Valley.

I'd be curious to find out as well but I don't think that info is available until a permit is applied for. Sometimes the "coming soon" can stay that way for a long time (like Globe, AZ).

I am hoping they will put a Supercharger somewhere in the East Valley.

Does anyone know if there's a thread for the new Supercharger that's on the Tesla map as "coming soon in 2020".... I'm just curious where it's going to be, I know it's not the pin location as that's just the zero block for Phoenix and where all pins go when selecting "phoenix". I'm fairly certain Biltmore has to go away or be relocated. Those parking garages are being expanded east one day, the shops being demolished for multi-level residential with ground floor food, beverage, and services since the mall is nearly dead. I think this project is delayed due to the economy and the fact that the plans for the office towers is changing since office demand is not predicted to come back very strong. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.... but in the meantime I'm just wondering where this new 2020 Phoenix supercharger will be... Maybe Ahwatukee area, airport area, gateway area? Can't see it being West Phoenix, Metrocenter, ah... maybe the Paradise Valley Mall Target would make some sense. I'm really rooting for downtown though... or airport.

I’m going to ass-ume you have already looked at https://supercharge.info to see the Phoenix area. That site along with the forum here is the best data I’ve seen for crowdsourced info since Tesla is crappy about updating their map and the “coming soon” stuff.

If you have some time, search the local permit records if they’re available online. You might find something! Good luck!!

I’m going to ass-ume you have already looked at https://supercharge.info to see the Phoenix area. That site along with the forum here is the best data I’ve seen for crowdsourced info since Tesla is crappy about updating their map and the “coming soon” stuff.

If you have some time, search the local permit records if they’re available online. You might find something! Good luck!!
I think they put it there to mean, "some more SCs may pop up randomly, but we have no idea where or when."

Thank you so much - I will now have to bookmark that site as it's very helpful... of course, there's nothing in development in Arizona at this time, even though Tesla's site says a new Phoenix supercharger is coming in 2020... I need to reply to a few Musk tweets with "Metro Phoenix >5M people... only 1 supercharger above 90kw - we desperately need more!" - I'm not going to count Buckeye or New River, they're just outside the area that I'd consider 'continuously populated'.

I can't believe that there still isn't an SC in the East Valley. I travel there a few times per year to visit family and it sure does make the last bit of the journey more difficult than it should be. C'mon, Chandler/Gilbert.