TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Petition for charging stations in all National Parks

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Wumple, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Wumple

Wumple New Member

Hi Everyone,

Personally i find the necessity of driving a gas car to visit a national park incongruous and deeply upsetting. It should not be necessary to pollute in order to enjoy our National Parks. The point of National Parks is to preserve and protect those environments. Generally speaking as electric car enthusiasts we all enjoy the outdoors and care about the future of our planet so i hope you will join me in signing this petition and spreading the word.

Director of the National Park Service: Install charging stations in all National Parks

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  2. R0b_

R0b_ Member

Done!

• Like x 1
  3. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

While I agree with the general sentiment, I don't know about ALL national parks. Some of the national parks that I've visited in Alaska, such as Katmai and Glacier Bay, aren't even accessible by car. Just saying...

• Informative x 1
  4. GSP

GSP Member

5. Lu Ann

Lu Ann Member

Also done. It's hard to believe this petition only has 23 signatures!

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

26 signatures now..

• Like x 1
  7. Wumple

Wumple New Member

Thanks everyone for the support so far! If any of you have any ideas about how to get the word out, please let me know! This is my first petition i've attempted so its all a bit new to me.

@dgpcolorado I also thought about that, but for brevity decided to just go with all National Parks. As long as the Park service or other services have vehicles there, then having a charging stations will still be useful, especially given the carbon footprint of transporting fuel to those remote locations.

8. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I would also push for the NPS to buy EV's for their use. The Government could do SO MUCH MORE by practicing what they want US to do.

• Like x 1
  9. Wumple

Wumple New Member

I completely agree NPS should buy EVs for their own vehicles and power the charging stations from renewable sources. I was trying to keep this petition as simple as possible, by just focusing on one aspect that all EV enthusiasts could get behind. I'm in Las Vegas at the moment, where even the word recycling is met with confused looks... On the positive side, the petition up to 59 signatures which is in the top 15%! Does anyone know people who are social media wizards that would be interested in promoting this?

10. SDRick

SDRick Member

Who would be paying for this?

11. David99

David99 Active Member

The upkeep of national parks is an expense that we all pay for with our taxes. Visitors pay for it with entrance fees. The installation of charging stations is a small expense. Cost is less than installing a restroom or an AC at the visitor center.

12. Michelx

Michelx Member

Done.