Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to add tow hitch to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I definitely want a tow hitch on my Model 3, for all sorts of reasons (including a little bit of rear end protection.)
I’ve only very rarely owned a car in 40 odd years without one, and always regretted not having one.

Having no tow hitch available could actually stop me buying a Model 3 when they eventually get here in 2019 in Australia .

Reactions: Michel3
I'm loving having a hitch on my TM3[/ATTACH]
MkNjkGz
More details on the hitch please. :)

Which hitch do you have? I want to be able to carry bikes on my M3 too, not put them in the back.
I make a hitch for the TM3 that uses Tesla's X receiver. Some pictures:
Tow hitch bike rack?

I prefer the removable hitch receiver that Tesla sells for the Model X to the Ecohitch, even though the X receiver isn't rated for as much load on a bike rack. I've carried four lightweight road bikes on a lightweight rack without issues.

I didn't realize they were so many thugs in the bay area. You might check the bumper cover to see if he imprinted his license plate number on the plastic.
That's pretty funny. In my case, I had recently activated the TM3 dashcam and it captured the car's plate when they drove past me. Gave the footage to the police and insurance company, and searched online databases for a match, but no luck...

In Europe (EU) we need a certified Tow Hitch with an electrical coupling for auxillary lights on the towed cart or on the bike rack.
The Tow Hitch needs to be certified for a certain weight to be allowed by law to tow a cart under that weight. Maximum pulling weight also has to be on the car's registration papers.
Making your own electrical coupling is a breach of guarantee with Model S. So we hope there will be an aftermarket Tow Hitch by Tesla for Model 3.

Reactions: Smokkelaar