Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to demand "camera on top, media player on bottom" be retained in UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The seat heat settings not having the number in v9 is probably MCU2's fault. The new MCU has 9% lower resolution in width, it might not be able to cram as much information into the same space and still look good.

The seat heat settings not having the number in v9 is probably MCU2's fault. The new MCU has 9% lower resolution in width, it might not be able to cram as much information into the same space and still look good.
Actually there are more controls across that bottom menu in V9. After getting my car back I can clearly see the controls in V8 are wider and easier to target while driving. V9 added two controls - the Media App and the App menu control; and made everything a little smaller to fit it all.

• Informative
Reactions: Behind and Blu Zap
>The screen is no smaller, why are almost all targets smaller requiring more focus to touch them?

Because you're looking at a Model 3 UI designed for a smaller lower resolution screen. Model S as of V9 is now an afterthought and badly implemented which is why everything sucks and they took so many things away.

Even the icon for the Driving tab is a Model 3!
Capture4.PNG

After getting lazy and not turning the camera back on I am now glad that it is off by default. Nice to have as an option for complex onramps but overall I do not wish to have it docked permanently. It gave me a lot of anxiety about people following me too closely or changing lanes behind me and seeing out of the corner of my eye a car that appears really close on the docked camera. It also gave me a very aggressive confidence in lane changing between cars on the freeway. So glad it's gone for good, I feel like a much safer driver.

It is not gone for good, I can still keep the back camera up while driving.
I had some problems with my car, so I installed the V 9 update. I leave the camera in upper portion most of the time. I do not look at mine constantly, but I am driving an Model X with a lousy rear view mirror. I asked about the rear view mirror on my test drive and was assured I could always use the back up camera, which has now proven invaluable. I would never have upgraded if it had not been allowed to stay on all the time. Not sure why Tesla forgot they publicly stated the Model X would always be able to use the camera as a rear view mirror--but it was stated several time from 2016-17 on several sites, threads, and I think even on Twitter. I am not on Twitter, but I remember someone posting one about someone complaining about the Model X rear view mirror---and it was answered with--use the back-up camera.

Aw, disappoint. :eek: After my update prompts for V9 disappearing for months, the latest update's causing it to prompt me all the time again. Rats! And here I need to visit the service center soon because my months of non-functioning Bluetooth & non-functioning voice control is really driving me nuts. :(