Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to force Tesla to come up with a retrofit for AutoPilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then... he um, should have waited?

Let's see here, annual shareholders meeting in June Elon stated that they would have autopilot on the cars (original timeline was stated to be next year... but hey, they said it was coming...

During one of the townhalls in Europe it was either Elon or JB that stated that they were working on an AWD Model S and it would likely release after the Model X... so again, they jumped the timeline, but they said it was coming...

I have NO sympathy for those who chose to buy the car as it was advertised since we knew since last winter about the AWD Model S and since June about the autopilot... the only ones who have any right to complain would be those who purchased BEFORE those statements were made, meaning people who bought the car in 2013 or before, everyone else, I'm sorry, but the company told you it was coming YOU chose to buy the car as it was, Tesla made no additional promises to you and you have no real ground for complaint...

Edit: I am sorry if I am coming off a little frustrated here about this, but Bonnie even posted where both of these features had been discussed well in advance of the announcement. Anyone on these forums should have had the "inside scoop" and anyone else didn't feel like doing some basic googling (this website is cached in google) and again, I have no real sympathy for you. You bought a tech product and didn't do the first rule of buying a tech product which is: "see if there is something better than what you are considering buying".

Exactly. ++++

if it is has been previously stated, I apologize. Tesla should wait to introduce new technology with a new model year like the rest of the car manufactures. In other words, last week's announcement should have said that a 2015 model S is coming out and it will have dual motor, limited auto pilot, etc., etc. they should not be required to have a "retrofit". That is like asking Chevrolet to retrofit Corvette's 2014 6 speed automatic with the 2015 8 speed automatic.

Why? Why should Tesla do ANYTHING the way 'the rest of the car manufacturers" do things? Should they:

- Make a profit from their service centers, incentivizing the building of shoddy cars?
- Sit on new developments so they can have "planned obsolescence"?
- Allow dealers to charge random markups for popular models?
- Force dealers to take deliveries of unpopular cars in order to get a sufficient number of popular cars?
- Introduce a rebate right after you paid a higher price for your car?

I took delivery of my MS85 in July. I knew new versions were coming because I read the news and blogs. Now the model "D" is out there and I am impressed with the progress.......... Am I whining because I got "slicked" by Tesla?..... Give me a break! I love my tesla. I am happy they are moving beyond my car...... They should. Do I feel cheated by Tesla because they came out with a "better" version three months after I got my MS? NO! Give me a break!