Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petition to unlock full Autopilot in EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well maybe you're right on the smoothness of lane changing, but on all the other points I made, I don't see how FSD could be better than AP:

- Phantom braking on basic cruise control - pretty much any other car on the market today does a perfectly good job of adaptive cruise control. I can't see how this is anything to do with FSD.

- Spurious activation of emergency lane departure. This is a feature that defaults to on all the time. It's reasonable that it should work.

- Jerky auto steering - surely they don't program the steering to be jerky on AP but not FSD? I'd find that petty hard to believe.

- Problems with cameras being obscured. Again, are you saying that the software is knobbling AP but it works with FSD?

And even on the lane change, there are lots of cars now with lane following and I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) of them do a really good job to automatically re-engage when the car is back it it's new lane.

I think defending AP on the Model 3 is defending the indefensible.
Try experiencing adaptive cruise control on an i3 with a single MobilEye camera and you might have a different idea on how bad the Model 3 is... My Model 3 is an order of magnitude better than my i3, as the i3 fails in sun; rain; shadows; no obvious reason.
Lane changes on AP work well on V10 for me, but I have FSD and lane departure off. I also suffer far less phantom braking than the i3, so all I can say is you're lucky not to have driven an i3 on ACC.;)