Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Petrocan EV stations

Oct 20, 2019
Fredericton
Hey, I'm writing a blog and I'm not finding what I'm looking for. Once Petro Canada's EV stations start billing, does anyone know how they will bill? Pre-Authorize a credit card? Sign up for a membership and pre-add funds? Beuller? Beuller?

cheers

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
They’ll remain free for a time after the whole network is up so that they can gather information on how they’re used. Once they have that data, they’ll release their payment particulars going forward.

This is what one of the tech crew said, so take it with a grain of salt.

DMC-Orangeville

85D and John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
Chademo and CCS and no J1772? I don't think I will be paying $600 for a tesla chademo adapter, not sure when their CCS adapter will be coming out and how much that will cost either!
You can borrow a Chademo adapter free of charge, if you are a member of the Tesla Owners Club of Ontario. The club has 3 of them (so far).
Tesla Owners Club – Ontario

Don't hold your breath for a CCS adapter. It's been a topic of discussion for a long time.....

• Disagree
Reactions: Trevlan006
Jun 13, 2019
BC
Free until the new year, then they'll start charging based on time, at least in BC as they're not a registered utility provider and can't "sell" electricity, but can bill based on time. Maybe Petro-Canada will be exempt from that?

Vawlkus

Feb 28, 2017
Halifax
Free until the new year, then they'll start charging based on time, at least in BC as they're not a registered utility provider and can't "sell" electricity, but can bill based on time. Maybe Petro-Canada will be exempt from that?
I doubt that will be the case.

clea

Mar 16, 2011
Laval, Quebec

the faq at the bottom of the Petrocan EV website states
"Our EV fast chargers are currently free to use. While there are a variety of pricing tactics employed in North America today, we will be implementing time based pricing for the use of our chargers in the new year."​

BEPA400

May 1, 2019
Canada
Wha?? You’re out of date. BC now ALLOWS anyone to sell electricity for charging stations.. https://www.bcuc.com/Documents/News...sRelease-BCUC-EV-Inquiry-ExemptionGranted.pdf

and law here: http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/mo/mo/2019_m104

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
IMG_20191126_092603229_HDR[1].jpg

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC