Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Peugeot Cancelled Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi… wondering if anyone has experienced similar or can offer any advice.

I took out insurance with Peugeot for my Model 3. I provided proof of my NCD via email (two different email addresses that their call centre provided on two separate occasions) and then, following a letter from them to say they hadn’t received it, by post.

I noticed today that I had a refund in my account from them and suspect they have cancelled my insurance without notice - appears they did so on Wednesday so I suspect I’ve been driving around unaware that I didn’t have insurance for some time. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Peugeot?

Hi… wondering if anyone has experienced similar or can offer any advice.

I took out insurance with Peugeot for my Model 3. I provided proof of my NCD via email (two different email addresses that their call centre provided on two separate occasions) and then, following a letter from them to say they hadn’t received it, by post.

I noticed today that I had a refund in my account from them and suspect they have cancelled my insurance without notice - appears they did so on Wednesday so I suspect I’ve been driving around unaware that I didn’t have insurance for some time. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Peugeot?
Not with Peugeot, but a work colleague had a similar issue where his insurance had been cancelled when the company claimed they hadn’t received proof of no claims bonus. He’d apparently been driving around for best part of half a year without insurance by the time he discovered what had happened.

I had similar but managed to get it sorted.

I emailed the proof of my NCB to a direct line email address that they gave me, and followed up after getting a letter and whilst on the phone was given a link to click on and upload my NCB certificate and the person on the phone managed to deal with it whilst I was on the call.

What I would say is you would have had a lot of warning letters telling you to get a copy of the NCB sent over to them, I had 2/3 letters about it before they finally managed to sort it, when I got the 2nd letter I was on the phone sorting it right away, and a few days later after having sorted it another letter arrived that I suspect was already in the automated queue to give me a final reminder.

All sorted with a simple call, why they couldn’t just take the certificate from the first time I emailed it over I don’t know.

I did receive two letters despite sending and rang after receiving each - the first time I was given a different email address, the second I was told I had to post a copy in. Regardless, I haven’t received anything to say that the insurance was being cancelled.

I think PSA are desperate to get out of Tesla insurance. I called them inquiring about a change of car and was told that they would no longer insure Teslas for new policies and were reluctant to swap from one Tesla to another on a current policy.

disgraceful. . . . . , is there no governing body that governs then and maintains standards !!!