Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PG&E bill significantly higher, is it my Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks all for the replies. Just to be clear, yes I obviously knew our PG&E would be more than in SF, I approximated (back of the napkin math) about 3 to 3.5x given the size of our old place and new place (old place did have A/C which we did run at night). I just think the continued increase in charges over the course of only four months without much change in our usage habits in the new home seemed odd and I was suspicious of the tesla but knew it shouldn't be the only factor and now know from your replies and also looking more in detail at the kWh after charging it shouldn't be the variable causing the increase.

Anyway, appreciate everyone's input into how to monitor/evaluate the costs and how to dive more deeply into our bill which I am continuing to do. Working hard to only use appliances and A/C during non peak hours and seeing how that pans out for a few months.

Hope all of you keep well and stay safe.

-Amit

Somewhat side discussion, but this is why so many californians (in particular) are putting in solar. You almost HAVE to, out here, with the combination of these "peak" pricing plans that make electricity 3-4 TIMES as much from 4-9pm (when you actually need it) as in the other times, when you dont. They then play these bogus "flex your power" advertisements out here that make it seem like you are supposed to handwash your dishes, or hand dry your clothes or crap like that to "conserve" power.

These commercials out here in CA around this stuff are basically gaslighting. If your home is a candidate for solar, you should really consider it, with a bill the size of the one you are talking about.

For full disclosure here, I would point out that I moderate two subforums here on TMC, the model 3 one and the Tesla energy one, so my opinion on solar, battery storage etc is likely pretty apparent from that.